PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Thread 2017

Pacman1903
09-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Need to get this place up and running again. Bit quiet these days

Anyway, anybody booked any yet?

Due to Mrs Pac blowing most of her hols on weddings and hen parties abroad next year a Pacfamily holiday will probably not happen until later in the year.

So ive spent the morning organising and treating myself to a place ive always wanted to visit. Switzerland.

Me, myself and I for 5 days. Got my flights booked my hotels for the first few days as the second half of the trip depends on circumstances. Its going to be all about sightseeing and fitba.

At the moment I have
FC Aarau v Luzern 1/3
Basel v FC Zurich 2/3
Young Boys Bern v Thun 4/3 TBC

The YB game is most likely to be moved from the Saturday to the Sunday (I emailed YB about it and they said it’s the tv fixture that weekend) which would be magic as ill get Luzern v Grasshoppers also. But that’s ideal world. So fingers crossed for 4 games. All night time games so see the cities during the day, drink expensive as f@ck beers during the day.

Cant wait.

StandfreeFM
09-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Yorkshire for a week with the in-laws in July. Same holiday as this year. Was pretty good as the weather was stunning but I can imagine it would be pretty grim if it's raining. Hard to kick the @rse out it when everyone else is tee-total >:( There's a cricket club a stones throw away (Sewerby CC) so I might wander along there to watch a couple of matches.

5 days watching foreign footie sounds braw Pac min

EdmontonDandy
09-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Currently -28 here, -37 with the windchill. Off to Honolulu in early January.
2 weeks on Waikiki, a visit to Pearl Harbour and have tickets to the Sony Open.
Magic. Also off to Australia in March. Never been so looking forward to it.

mondo_notion
09-12-2016, 05:33 PM
Taking a drive around Spain and maybe Portugal in the camper later this month. Throwing the fishing rods in but apart from that I have no plans, just the way I like it. Return Eurostar booked for the 28th and should be in edinburgh in time to watch us pump the smelly jambos

houston_red1967
12-12-2016, 04:28 PM
With Wizzair offering very cheap flights from Aberdeen to Poland it looks like we are off to Warsaw next year.

This year we went to Tallinn, Estonia and Helsinki. Both places were a first - both were ace - Tallinn was by far the cheaper.

standfreelee
12-12-2016, 07:29 PM
too early to say yet, so nowhere so far. also nae in work at present (by choice, **** being offshore xmas if i dinna have too) so will have to see how long that lasts.

only made latvia (for dons fitba) and spain this year. valencia v barca was highlight.

Hoping to get over to Germany for a fitba and beer few days if i can get a squad together. Will prob end up in Spain at folks part time hoos.

Pacman1903
13-12-2016, 11:50 AM
too early to say yet, so nowhere so far. also nae in work at present (by choice, **** being offshore xmas if i dinna have too) so will have to see how long that lasts.

only made latvia (for dons fitba) and spain this year. valencia v barca was highlight.

Hoping to get over to Germany for a fitba and beer few days if i can get a squad together. Will prob end up in Spain at folks part time hoos.

Germany is the place to be to watch fitba, great food, great beer, goals, cheap. All good. Also easy to get a 2/3 games over a weekend

Pacman1903
04-01-2017, 07:36 PM
Just booked up for Rome for a long weekend in April. It will include a huge bucket list ticking off. The Rome derby. Yaaas min

therealsouthstander
05-01-2017, 08:08 AM
Just booked up for Rome for a long weekend in April. It will include a huge bucket list ticking off. The Rome derby. Yaaas min

The stadium has been mostly empty at the last few Rome derbies due to fan protests.

I was at Roma v Fiorentina a few years back. It was ok but the fans are total arseholes. I was taking a few photos and when I was looking back at them there were loads of folk giving me the finger or giving me dirty looks.

Pacman1903
05-01-2017, 08:42 AM
The stadium has been mostly empty at the last few Rome derbies due to fan protests.

I was at Roma v Fiorentina a few years back. It was ok but the fans are total arseholes. I was taking a few photos and when I was looking back at them there were loads of folk giving me the finger or giving me dirty looks.

Aye ive seen that. Due to the authorities putting a perspex fence through the middle of the Roma curva.

Just means ill get my coffee and a twix quicker

If their fans are pr@cks ill unleash the fury on them

therealsouthstander
05-01-2017, 09:12 AM
It was quite funny watching the fans getting seshed up on double espresso's before the game.

Mason89
05-01-2017, 12:03 PM
I'm off to Rome for 4 days in a couple of weeks. Football isn't on the menu as the burd will be in attendance. It'll just be red wine, spaghetti & a wee visit to see how the popes doing.

Kingdomred
05-01-2017, 12:54 PM
I'm off to Rome for 4 days in a couple of weeks. Football isn't on the menu as the burd will be in attendance. It'll just be red wine, spaghetti & a wee visit to see how the popes doing.

A name like Mason and yer awa tae see the Pope? :O

Disco Buc
05-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Away to Spain for 2 months April and May driving down to Portsmouth boat from there to Bilbao then drive to my villa in Sierra Golf near Murcia.
Taking my daughter my wife and yes two we dogs we have booked a dog friendly cabin .Looking forward to it.

therealsouthstander
05-01-2017, 05:44 PM
Just back from spending New Year in Moscow.

What a superb city, totally recommend it.

Could even be my favourite city and I've been to a few.

sheepcrooky
06-01-2017, 10:49 PM

Went to Rome two years ago in April with Mrs Crooky for our anniversary. Absolute fantastic place, just loved it. It did help it was 25 degrees and wine is cheaper than coffee :)

fatshaft
07-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Went in 2015, loved Rome, my favourite city visited so far I think.

Pacman1903
08-01-2017, 12:53 PM
Went in 2015, loved Rome, my favourite city visited so far I think.

Look forward to it. But Berlin with take some beating in the favourite cities stakes

Pauldolski10
08-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Dublin in June te see Aerosmith
Orlando in September
Pals stagger to be decided

GlezgaRed
10-01-2017, 07:37 PM
Wife booked a fortnight in Lanzarote on New Years Day due to free child place offer with Thomson's, flying out last week of June.

My pal has started working in Dubai so a few of us are going out to crash at his place in May for a week, just to sort out if 2nd or 3rd week of May.

And most importantly, hopefully a jolly to see the Dons in Europa League action.

Pacman1903
16-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Games sorted oot for Swiss TV

Fc Aarau v Luzern (wed)
Basel v FC Zurich (thurs)
Friday day aff in Bern
Young Boys v Thun (sat)
Luzern v Grasshoppers (sun)
Hame

Pauldolski10
16-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Dublin in June te see Aerosmith
Orlando in September
Pals stagger to be decided

The stagger has been confirmed as Budapest

Pacman1903
16-01-2017, 07:42 PM
The stagger has been confirmed as Budapest

Nae Donington this year?

Psaw
16-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Im surprised at the assortment of holidays. I thought the equivalent of Clacton or Felixstowe in northern Scotland would have been the limit. I suppose there are no holiday camps because the sea freezes in september, and you might get eaten by a whale at other times. Skating rinks would not be a problem, all year round.
Are there holiday camps up there?

DodHagi
17-01-2017, 12:18 PM
Im surprised at the assortment of holidays. I thought the equivalent of Clacton or Felixstowe in northern Scotland would have been the limit. I suppose there are no holiday camps because the sea freezes in september, and you might get eaten by a whale at other times. Skating rinks would not be a problem, all year round.
Are there holiday camps up there?

You really cut to the bone with that one - touche!

Mason89
20-01-2017, 05:19 PM
2947 2948

Found the sh1ttest pub in Rome

Pacman1903
28-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Games sorted oot for Swiss TV

Fc Aarau v Luzern (wed)
Basel v FC Zurich (thurs)
Friday day aff in Bern
Young Boys v Thun (sat)
Luzern v Grasshoppers (sun)
Hame

Leave in the morning B)

Four new scarves to the collection and the obligatory thumbs up photae

ILikeJam
01-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Leave in the morning B)

Four new scarves to the collection and the obligatory thumbs up photae

Mind and get half-and-half scarves min.

Pacman1903
01-03-2017, 01:46 PM
Mind and get half-and-half scarves min.

I dont the swiss would allow that. This aint guffball.

5er a pint. Nae as bad as first thought(quid for a pint can in the shoppy)

Pacman1903
25-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Got a wee fitba trip booked up today and a huge tick on my fitba bucket list. The itinery.....

1st plane oot of Aberdeen to Amsterdam on the 14th of Oct

Train doon fae Schipol to Rotterdam

Beers

Then to De Kuip Feyenoord v Zwolle (Ticket acquired)

Tick bucket list

Beers

Sleep

Train to Tilburg

Beers

Willem II v Twente (Ticket acquired)

Train to Schipol

Last plane back to Aberdeen

Hame with two more scarves in the bag

Pacman1903
25-08-2017, 03:39 PM
That's my "no sleep 'till Vienna" Euro football invasion sorted. CL draw was not kind so have nowhere to go during the week close to Prague. Few bucket list things to be ticked off. Ernst Happel being one

Games to be attended over 10 days

Dukla Prague v Teplice
Sparta Prague v Banik Ostrava
Slavia Prague v Mlada Boleslav
Benfica v Basel
Porto v Monaco
Austria Vienna v AEK Athens
Rapid Vienna v Mattersburg

And anything else I can find on the Monday or the second Friday

Pacman1903
15-11-2017, 09:08 AM
Dukla Prague v Teplice
Benfica v Basel
Porto v Monaco

And anything else I can find on the Monday or the second Friday

All tickets acquired but a wee change in the middle. F@ck the champions league. Give me Swiss 2nd division instead

Prague-Geneva-Vienna

Dukla Prague v Teplice
Servette v Neuchatel Xamax

Should be a fair 10 days and I will make sure I get a Dukla Prague away top as it is Christmas time

mondo_notion
15-11-2017, 09:18 PM
Going over to dust down the campervan at the end of the month. Aberdeen-Alicante, pick up the van then booked in a site at Benidorm for a few days. Got absolutely nothing planned to do while I'm there. Just the way I like it.

Pacman1903
16-11-2017, 05:20 AM
Going over to dust down the campervan at the end of the month. Aberdeen-Alicante, pick up the van then booked in a site at Benidorm for a few days. Got absolutely nothing planned to do while I'm there. Just the way I like it.

My holidays now are usually based on fitba. But apart from the games I just wing it and do whatever sightseeing, museums during the day. I never look up "best things to do" websites and sh@t/All I look into is if the place has a Hard Rock Café and that's it (yes im a badge geek)

mondo_notion
30-11-2017, 07:38 PM

The plan was down to Glasgow Wednesday night to watch us pump the huns. Off to Alicante/Benidorm this morning and fly back to Aberdeen on Sunday just in time for another spanking of the minks.

So far we got made to look like little children at Ibrox, North East infrastructure imploded under 2 cm of snow making my bus too late to catch my plane. Booked the only other flight I could find for early Friday morning from Edinburgh then the train from Inverurie down to Edinburgh gets cancelled. So about 180 quid down so far and lets face it, we aren't going to win on Sunday.

Pacman1903
01-12-2017, 04:57 AM
Currently in the airport getting ready for Prague. Slavia v Banik Ostrava tonight