PDA

View Full Version : O/T Charities

frogmiller
01-03-2018, 03:52 PM
The things that have been reported on regarding charities and the people working for them has sent shivers down my spine.

The people in charge have been using *** workers which I must admit isn't overly bad because that is the way the prostitutes make a living. It has been reported that underage girls have been supplied to other people and driven to parties on demand.

There are a few things in this that aren't right as I'm sure you'll agree.
This has been going on for years and the charity sector have known about it and have paid people up to protect the charities good name.
The people who have been dismissed from their post or have been paid up have easily found jobs with other aid charities giving them access and freedom to do the same again whenever they get opertunity.

It seems like the charity sector is a havon for péodos from all over the world. These aren't just british scum taking advantage of angel status they're from all over the place. Even in Syria where there are pockets of people needing aid the people that are employed by the charities (because it's too dangerous to go there themselves) are bribing the women and children with the free aid they should be given!

The big Charities like Oxfam, Red Cross unicef and many more are a saviour for desperate people all over the globe. We hear of corruption, bribes and theft surrounded by the gifts we have been paying for for years. There needs to be a big change in the way they operate.

I will not be giving to these big charities again until they are sorted out will you?

Yak
01-03-2018, 04:01 PM
I have done loads of work for charity’s and with the help of some decent company’s raised a decent amount of money through people a lot more dedicated than myself.

I agree though that it’s disgusting what has been happening and heads should roll but they probably won’t.
I know people that work tirelessly for help the heroes cancer research Alzheimer’s and many others and it’s a shame because nobody trust many organisations anymore.
I won’t stop giving but I wouldn’t judge anyone who does.
Genuine charity’s suffer but unfortunately corruption is in most places.

millmoormagic
01-03-2018, 04:02 PM
This is a huge scandal, the charities should have a very robust system when it comes to employment of people. *****s are very very devious and will go to huge lengths to disguise their real intent, and will naturally be attracted to these type of jobs, where they know they will be in contact with very vulnerable kids, as shocking as that sounds its the truth.
The fact that these events are now occurring is a sign that the charities didn't take it seriously.
No, i won't donate to these again to be honest.

Grist_To_The_Mill
01-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Topic needs moving to the O/T section.

frogmiller
01-03-2018, 04:16 PM
Topic needs moving to the O/T section.

Only when there is enough posts on it.

frogmiller
01-03-2018, 04:21 PM
I have done loads of work for charity’s and with the help of some decent company’s raised a decent amount of money through people a lot more dedicated than myself.

I agree though that it’s disgusting what has been happening and heads should roll but they probably won’t.
I know people that work tirelessly for help the heroes cancer research Alzheimer’s and many others and it’s a shame because nobody trust many organisations anymore.
I won’t stop giving but I wouldn’t judge anyone who does.
Genuine charity’s suffer but unfortunately corruption is in most places.

The things you mentioned Yak are of great value to the developped world and I would support those but the general aid for just eating shouldn't they be done by the UN or a body like that? To give money or buy from a charity shop that gives money to the third world I won't.

There has to be a better way of getting aid to these people. I don't want them to stop getting aid but not in the way it's happening now.

frogmiller
01-03-2018, 04:24 PM
This is a huge scandal, the charities should have a very robust system when it comes to employment of people. *****s are very very devious and will go to huge lengths to disguise their real intent, and will naturally be attracted to these type of jobs, where they know they will be in contact with very vulnerable kids, as shocking as that sounds its the truth.
The fact that these events are now occurring is a sign that the charities didn't take it seriously.
No, i won't donate to these again to be honest.

It's been happening for years MMM and I have had faith that they cared. Who can you trust in these organisations?

Grist_To_The_Mill
01-03-2018, 04:24 PM
Only when there is enough posts on it.

One is enough lol

Yak
01-03-2018, 04:30 PM
The things you mentioned Yak are of great value to the developped world and I would support those but the general aid for just eating shouldn't they be done by the UN or a body like that? To give money or buy from a charity shop that gives money to the third world I won't.

There has to be a better way of getting aid to these people. I don't want them to stop getting aid but not in the way it's happening now.

Agree with that frog.
There is so much corruption in a lot of these countries that your money would never reach its intended destination.
I’m not political one bit but a lot of so called leaders stand back and watch it happen unless of course it effects oil or trade then they may act.

Grist_To_The_Mill
01-03-2018, 06:23 PM
Is that enough replies to get this thread moved to the O/T section?

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
01-03-2018, 06:59 PM
What a horrible world we live in. It's awful to think about but charity work is a great cover for getting away with crimes and there's nowhere near enough people in the right places who care to ever sort it out. Then there's people who become politicians to cover their crimes. And police...

millertop
01-03-2018, 07:01 PM
Things like this have been going on for years (imo) like I always said but people turn a blind eye and they should be punished aswell.

Btw prostate cancer will be collecting at our game before seasons out, think it might be the Posh game

frogmiller
01-03-2018, 07:07 PM
Things like this have been going on for years (imo) like I always said but people turn a blind eye and they should be punished aswell.

Btw prostate cancer will be collecting at our game before seasons out, think it might be the Posh game

Didn't Corner collect for them and other MM members?

millertop
01-03-2018, 07:08 PM
Didn't Corner collect for them and other MM members?

Yes, think she still does

royston1962
01-03-2018, 10:18 PM
Biggest corrupt one is children in need, BBC have had money in the bank making a load in interest hardly any of the money has been given where it is needed.
sorry Pudsey time to go.

one_a_day
01-03-2018, 11:43 PM
When a charity has to employ people on £100k plus a year salaries then surely it ceases to be a charity and is more of a social enterprise. How much fund raising has to be done just to pay the CEO’s salary?

great_fire
02-03-2018, 12:04 AM
UN is the same.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/un-child-rape-***-exploitation-united-nations-antonio-guterres-prosecutions-immunity-trial-a7956816.html

Better giving money to local charities I think.

The likes of Oxfam and Amnesty became left-wing pressure groups years ago anyway rather than charities.

sickly_child
02-03-2018, 04:06 AM
Will be very careful what I say. In the late 90s and early 2000 I worked in West Africa as an aid worker. Did this happen with my organisation? definitely not. Did most organizations have an issue? No. Did it happen? Without a doubt. Proving it was hard but I have no doubts some people (mainly white middle aged men) took advantage of economically vulnerable people.

sickly_child
02-03-2018, 04:08 AM
UN is the same.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/un-child-rape-***-exploitation-united-nations-antonio-guterres-prosecutions-immunity-trial-a7956816.html

Better giving money to local charities I think.

The likes of Oxfam and Amnesty became left-wing pressure groups years ago anyway rather than charities.

Give it a rest GF, some of the work done abroad in countries that have unimaginable suffering is superb.

frogmiller
02-03-2018, 08:32 AM
Biggest corrupt one is children in need, BBC have had money in the bank making a load in interest hardly any of the money has been given where it is needed.
sorry Pudsey time to go.

I was shocked when I heard that none of last years (2016) money had been spent. There are reports in most of the daily papers saying that they have a portfolio of over £90m

frogmiller
02-03-2018, 08:39 AM
Will be very careful what I say. In the late 90s and early 2000 I worked in West Africa as an aid worker. Did this happen with my organisation? definitely not. Did most organizations have an issue? No. Did it happen? Without a doubt. Proving it was hard but I have no doubts some people (mainly white middle aged men) took advantage of economically vulnerable people.

And these people spoil it for the rest. How can these people be squeezed out of the system?

How can they gain back the confidence of people like me?

sickly_child
02-03-2018, 08:54 AM
To be fair Frog the vast majority of Aid workers I knew were amazing people. For instance i worked for a relatively small agency and we fed 5,000 plus children a week. Children who would have likely starved if we had not provided such a valuable service. Bad people are found in all walks of life and professions. They are often intelligent and cunning and deserve to rot in hell.

Grist_To_The_Mill
02-03-2018, 09:01 AM
I was shocked when I heard that none of last years (2016) money had been spent. There are reports in most of the daily papers saying that they have a portfolio of over £90m

Plus they have their own registered charity that the money is paid into. It doesn't go direct to needy causes. The Chief executive of this set up is paid more than the prime minister.

Also you need to remember that many if the luvvies you see on Children in Need night are being paid for being there and when they do the location films they get free flights and decent accomodation. It's not exactly mucking in like many charity workers put up with. The thought of Bono or Geldof and their like sharing a tent though amusing doesn't happen.

frogmiller
02-03-2018, 10:22 AM
Plus they have their own registered charity that the money is paid into. It doesn't go direct to needy causes. The Chief executive of this set up is paid more than the prime minister.

Also you need to remember that many if the luvvies you see on Children in Need night are being paid for being there and when they do the location films they get free flights and decent accomodation. It's not exactly mucking in like many charity workers put up with. The thought of Bono or Geldof and their like sharing a tent though amusing doesn't happen.

I know a guy who is a director for british legion. He bought a flat in london so he could stay there when he works there. Yep they're on a good wage.

frogmiller
02-03-2018, 10:25 AM
To be fair Frog the vast majority of Aid workers I knew were amazing people. For instance i worked for a relatively small agency and we fed 5,000 plus children a week. Children who would have likely starved if we had not provided such a valuable service. Bad people are found in all walks of life and professions. They are often intelligent and cunning and deserve to rot in hell.

The fact that some of these people have been sacked from one organisation and then employed in another is sickening and frightening.

Donmiller
02-03-2018, 10:26 AM
This is the exact reason I stopped donating to CIN years ago. It's a shame because there are so many people out there that need charities/events like Children in Need but don't benefit from the hundreds of millions that have been raised.

I think its a difficult situation were going to see ourselves in with regards to who we donate money to, do you just donate locally where you know they spend their money on the people that genuinely need it, or do you fund bigger charities that help the wider picture but pay their CEO's hundreds of thousands of pounds a year.

I think there should be a cap on the amount of money a CEO of a charity gets to take home. They are meant to be not-for-profit organisations and I think its disgusting that they are even allowed to take home that amount of money. If your the CEO of a charity for your own personal income reasons then you are in the wrong job

millertop
02-03-2018, 10:34 AM
I think it’s disgusting the amount they pay themselves.

Yak
02-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Would never stick up for some of these corrupt people.
Hell of a lot of good people who work tirelessly do it for the right reasons.
Not everyone is the same.
Done some work with British heart foundation and those I worked with are inspiring.
It’s important to acknowledge that.

millertop
02-03-2018, 11:19 AM
Would never stick up for some of these corrupt people.
Hell of a lot of good people who work tirelessly do it for the right reasons.
Not everyone is the same.
Done some work with British heart foundation and those I worked with are inspiring.
It’s important to acknowledge that.

I acknowledge that, I know charitable people who do a good job for nothing to which I will continue to support but still it’s disgusing what they pay themselves (some obviously)

Yak
02-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Yep your not wrong.

Grist_To_The_Mill
02-03-2018, 11:41 AM
I acknowledge that, I know charitable people who do a good job for nothing to which I will continue to support but still it’s disgusing what they pay themselves (some obviously)

Yes let us all remember that there are a lot of good willed hard working folks that put a lot of time (mostly unpaid)into charitable causes. Well done them.

But...... it's time to think about where your donations to major charities actually go. In most cases it's a mystery.

I would rather donate locally where it's harder for the money to be used corruptly and in most cases you can actually see what the money is buying.

Sticks in the craw when I see multimillionaire media luvvies with foreign tax dodging lifestyles asking me to send money to some lame project in Africa. What makes it worse for me is the fact that our government spent £45 of my tax this year on foreign aid with no consultation.