Team: Forum: Display:
You are not logged in (viewing only)
Login  |  Register  |  Customise View  |  RSS Feed  |  Forum Home
Joined 25 Apr 2004 Total club posts 12853 Daily Average 3.220 Total FM posts 13137 Daily Average 3.291

ecc

George and Scott Sorry. This must have been done already but I've looked through the last three pages and can't see anything.

Boydie WAS called up by Strachan last season and won two caps.

Steve "Wor" Bruce is on record as saying this:

Bruce said: "George Boyd is someone I was tempted to keep. He is such a great lad, a great pro and easy to manage. It was the little things with George.

"He's a wonderful lad. If your daughter came home with him, you would be delighted. He is such a great lad and a really good person.

"After the Cup final, he came up and shook my hand.

"He said, 'I never thought I would ever get anywhere near a Cup final, can I buy you a beer to thank you'. Things like that say a lot about George."

Last season George scored twice with two assists in 29 PL matches although only nine were starts.

This season he's played 27 times, 27 starts with five goals and two assists. But, as has been quoted on here, there are more figures to his game. He runs up and down that bloody wing all match. He tackles, he tracks back, he helps build attacks. And another thing, his goals have all been vital.

But, no, he's not in Strachan's squad. Too old? He's 29, he'll be 30 when the Euros are played. Brown, Fletcher and Maloney are all in the squad (Maloney's 32).

Bannan, who failed at Villa and has failed at Palace, is now plying his trade for Bolton. But he's in the squad.

Johnny Russell at Derby is in the squad. WTF is George not in the squad? And I've given up for Scott. If Boydie can't get in then Scott - who's clearly far too old (26)- can forget it and have a look through his family tree and see if he has a grannie who once had a holiday in Gibraltar.
24 March 2015 20:11 Started on 'Eli's' forum
Still Whinging After All These Years What more does he want? His team benefits from UEFA's unbelievably complex seeding system to ensure they are almost favourites to qualify from their CL Group now wants a change to the rules because they cannot get any further than the second round.

Why not scrap the away legs while we're at it and let Arsenal play all their CL games in North London?
19 March 2015 17:12 Started on 'Eli's' forum
We are Burnley Only the second team to avoid defeat at SB this season. Smallest budget by far in the PL.

One very proud Claret.

UTC
21 February 2015 17:07 Started on 'Eli's' forum
Pearce would sell West Brom "if it was right for the club" It could be a non-story but if I were a West Brom fan I wouldn't like the sound of that.

Personally I think that although they have a bigger catchment area than us, they are arguably the closest thing there is to a "model" for us to try to emulate (some will shoot me down for saying that).

He refused to spend crazy money and, instead, "used the PL system" to fund his their long-term future (it involved a few relegations but there was IMO a clear business strategy).
19 February 2015 20:38 Started on 'Eli's' forum
Villa v Leicester - spoiler Grim thus far (50 mins).0-0 with no action. I just hope it stays like that till the end.

I'm only writing about the match as it concerns two of our "rivals".

My interest in the FA Cup is at an all-time low.
15 February 2015 13:44 Started on 'Eli's' forum
Forum contributions

replied to George Boyd is January player of the month

replied to Tim Sherwood

Who's online
5 users currently online on this team's forums plus 226 guests viewing at 23:55 hrs. on Tuesday 31 March 2015 cajun (97 minutes), clareturion (95), happyclaret12 (90), dsr (75), coldpiewarmbeer (66).
Burnley forum statistics
  • Total registered users:19,551
  • Newest user (date):footiefan24 (Today)
  • Total club posts:3,501,323
  • Top poster (count):ClaretTony (38,884)
Post League Table for Burnley
Pos User Posts
1 clarettony 38,884
2 jdrobbo 32,940
3 ianmcl 32,266
4 tybfc 31,785
5 bigdave48 31,500
6 muchacho 27,343
7 edison 26,794
8 lancasterclaret 24,307
9 tuftybeamish 24,250
10 spadesclaret 21,074