Team: Forum: Display:
You are not logged in (viewing only)
Login  |  Register  |  Customise View  |  RSS Feed  |  Return to Forum Home

People can poin the finger...BUT - Doncaster Rovers FC forum

Topic started: Wednesday 25 January 2012 19:49 PM
Ashes_to_Glory's avatarAshes_to_GloryUser is Offline Posts: 714Joined: January 2010Hall of Fame4 year member
Posted 25 Jan 2012 19:49
People can poin the finger...BUT
...this was always likely to happen. We grew too fast and the fans that have only known the rollcaster on the up... have come to expect.

We now need to realise we are going down and support them as we rebuild, otherwise we may not have a club in two years as the rent etc
toz1958User is Offline Posts: 507Joined: May 2009 Super ModHall of Fame5 year member
Posted 25 Jan 2012 22:09
re: People can poin the finger...BUT
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
Ashes_to_Glory's avatarAshes_to_GloryUser is Offline Posts: 714Joined: January 2010Hall of Fame4 year member
Posted 25 Jan 2012 22:16
'toz1958' wrote at 22:09 on 25 Jan:
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

The old, truth hurts frustration cant think of owt to say so ten plus smileys will back me up...:blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue:
User edit 25 Jan 22:17
wildhitchUser is Offline Posts: 461Joined: July 2010International4 year member
Posted 25 Jan 2012 22:22
'Ashes_to_Glory' wrote at 19:49 on 25 Jan:
...this was always likely to happen. We grew too fast and the fans that have only known the rollcaster on the up... have come to expect.

We now need to realise we are going down and support them as we rebuild, otherwise we may not have a club in two years as the rent etc

I must of read that opening paragraph from ashes 50 fakin times in the past 5 months, does he just cut and paste it in from previous threads hes started or what?
Posted 25 Jan 2012 22:27
'wildhitch' wrote at 22:22 on 25 Jan:

I must of read that opening paragraph from ashes 50 fakin times in the past 5 months, does he just cut and paste it in from previous threads hes started or what?

So basically...what ive always said happened? Growing too fast was always going to end in tears. Sorry but it was obvious. You always end up at square one...and we always will with big clubs around us doing well and pinching generations of fans. It all went wrong for us in the late 50's...and i doubt we'll ever catch up again unless we can sustain this level for 20 years and all the other locals not bettering us.

I HATE IT BUT ITS THE TRUTH...SOMEONES GOT TO SAY IT.
radio_hits_wallUser is Offline Posts: 18Liked: 36 times in 28 postsJoined: March 2011Trialist3 year member
Posted 25 Jan 2012 22:28
I'll back you up, you've been writing cheques that that the club can't cover with it's income, you had a big tilt at getting into the prem and it's gone ars* over T*t.

The problem you have ashes is that you can see it a mile away, some on here look like they don't have a clue as to how quick a club can get in the brown stuff, and those directors have bailed out because the stakes have got too high, rich people like being rich, so they run like hell if they can see themselves getting poorer.

The real shame though is you haven't really achieved anything along the way, whereas others who trod this path had relative success.

Leeds, Barnsley, Pigs, and to an extent the Blades, all had a spending spree quickly followed by financial trouble, sometimes they like to shoot the messanger though ashes..
User edit 25 Jan 22:28
Posted 25 Jan 2012 22:32
'Ashes_to_Glory' wrote at 22:16 on 25 Jan:

The old, truth hurts frustration cant think of owt to say so ten plus smileys will back me up...:blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue:

Its not he cant think of owt to say to you ashes, its he cant be arsed to say anything to you!
I suspect the reason for this is your the most mind numbingly boring person hes ever come across in his life...just a hunch!!
Posted 25 Jan 2012 22:36
'wildhitch' wrote at 22:32 on 25 Jan:
'Ashes_to_Glory' wrote at 22:16 on 25 Jan:

Its not he cant think of owt to say to you ashes, its he cant be arsed to say anything to you!
I suspect the reason for this is your the most mind numbingly boring person hes ever come across in his life...just a hunch!!

I'd say that the truth hurts and I cant help but tell it as it is. It does me no favorate and makes me enermy number one, but atleast i can handle the truth and handle any of the bitches that throw hate my way because i make them consider the real world and folk dont like that...they like living in a day dream.

You'll realise one day.
Posted 25 Jan 2012 22:44
Ashes most people dont even read what you have to say nevermind consider it...you are the one in the day dream if you think they do!

If you want to gain any respect at all on here, first you need to

a/ come on here and praise the team when they play well!

b/ be consistant and dont just turn up on here when theres something negative happening, thats not a supporter, thats a toss pot!
Posted 25 Jan 2012 22:46
'wildhitch' wrote at 22:44 on 25 Jan:
Ashes most people dont even read what you have to say nevermind consider it...you are the one in the day dream if you think they do!

If you want to gain any respect at all on here, first you need to

a/ come on here and praise the team when they play well!

b/ be consistant and dont just turn up on here when theres something negative happening, thats not a supporter, thats a toss pot!

Be a happy clapper. Look i dont want recpect the one who tells the truth is usually the hatered one...it suits me as I can take off the blinkers.
Posted 25 Jan 2012 22:53
ok mucker, lets just hope everyone just ignores you again like they did after the speedo posts, and maybe you will just crawl away again like you did then, but this time you dont reappear!
Here I here JA606 is good, why dont you try there!
User edit 25 Jan 22:53
midnitecallerUser is Offline Posts: 3,161Liked: 7 times in 6 postsJoined: June 2009Hall of Fame5 year member
Posted 25 Jan 2012 22:53
what a good job you dont want repect XD

i was starting to repect you but now i think i shall not bother :blue:
Posted 25 Jan 2012 22:57
'wildhitch' wrote at 22:53 on 25 Jan:
ok mucker, lets just hope everyone just ignores you again like they did after the speedo posts, and maybe you will just crawl away again like you did then, but this time you dont reappear!
Here I here JA606 is good, why dont you try there!

Aw the speedo post...again telling the truth...and for your info Ive been to the usa 3 times in 2 months as our lasses mother is dying over there. Nothing to do with what people up their asses that cant see the truth think
Posted 25 Jan 2012 23:01
Are you thinking what im thinking Middi???
Is there not internet over in the states then ashes you dumbass??
User edit 25 Jan 23:02
Posted 25 Jan 2012 23:16
Of course there is internet...this is just a pass time when I'm at work usually. I'm going back again next week to the states and with all our lasses family in the states...apart from her dad and sister who moved here 15 years ago...its hard to go online when you are with the family.
keepmoatmanUser is Offline Posts: 251Joined: September 2009Reserves5 year member
Posted 26 Jan 2012 10:14
'Ashes_to_Glory' wrote at 23:16 on 25 Jan:
Of course there is internet...this is just a pass time when I'm at work usually. I'm going back again next week to the states and with all our lasses family in the states...apart from her dad and sister who moved here 15 years ago...its hard to go online when you are with the family.

Could you not support LA Galaxy or something ,Beckham plays there you no !
What if we had a whip round an bought you a ticket ?:zzz:
madirishsupporterUser is Offline Posts: 282Liked: 2 times in 2 postsJoined: May 2011Reserves3 year member
Posted 26 Jan 2012 21:36
'Ashes_to_Glory' wrote at 23:16 on 25 Jan:

Tell me this Ashes, as your lass is American, how much does "Uncle Sam" take off her in Income Tax. You failed to answer my question about Firemen a while back, now lets see if you answer this.
midnitecallerUser is Offline Posts: 3,161Liked: 7 times in 6 postsJoined: June 2009Hall of Fame5 year member
Posted 26 Jan 2012 23:52
ashes is the only fireman in the world that gets every saturday off! (as he never misses a game because he is the hardest corest of hardcore fans and if your of a different opinion to his ludicrous opinions then you need to take the rose tinted spectacles off as only he can see the wood for the trees)

we should all repect him XD
scriptmanUser is Offline Posts: 2,663Liked: 7 times in 6 postsJoined: January 2007Hall of Fame7 year member
Posted 31 Jan 2012 19:35
'Ashes_to_Glory' wrote at 22:27 on 25 Jan:
'wildhitch' wrote at 22:22 on 25 Jan:

So basically...what ive always said happened? Growing too fast was always going to end in tears. Sorry but it was obvious. You always end up at square one...and we always will with big clubs around us doing well and pinching generations of fans. It all went wrong for us in the late 50's...and i doubt we'll ever catch up again unless we can sustain this level for 20 years and all the other locals not bettering us.

I HATE IT BUT ITS THE TRUTH...SOMEONES GOT TO SAY IT.

What a load of crap, Ashes. It's you who is out of touch with reality because you?re the only person silly enough to value your opinions. I don't like what has been happening, I was a huge SO'D fan, I am very sceptical of the McKay situation... but unlike you, instead of vocalising doom and gloom, I embraced it and continued to offer support to the club. The majority of others on this board support Donny come rain or shine...it's what proper football fans do. What they don't do is constantly moan and end up alienating the very people who put millions of pounds into the club. John Ryan has categorically stated the reason for Bramall's resignation... and that is because of the whinging and whining from a section of the supporters. If I ploughed millions into the club and had to listen to people like you regurgitating the same old crap time and again, I think I'd be pissed off too.

You claim to be a supporter, Ashes? I seriously doubt that.
mattcoUser is Offline Posts: 20Joined: June 2011Trialist3 year member
Posted 01 Feb 2012 14:14
Well said Scriptman, I agree with every word. Some people are only happy when they're moaning and negativity has never led to success. True supporters follow the team, and don't moan about those who put their hard cash into trying to keep the club afloat.
Who's online
0 users currently online on this team's forums plus 3 guests viewing at 10:42 hrs. on Friday 19 September 2014
Doncaster Rvs. forum statistics
  • Total registered users:3,555
  • Newest user (date):wesco1986
  • Total club posts:53,539
  • Top poster (count):midnitecaller (3,161)
Post League Table for Doncaster Rvs.
Pos User Posts
1 midnitecaller 3,161
2 scriptman 2,663
3 sj_is_king 1,678
4 donnygadgy 1,201
5 roverdude 1,112
6 acido 1,102
7 hatfieldrover 1,085
8 alladinsane 1,068
9 donnywhitegaz 1,041
10 wazzerincowshed 1,030