Team: Forum: Display:
You are not logged in (viewing only)
Login  |  Register  |  Customise View  |  RSS Feed  |  Return to Forum Home

Tactical nouse - Leeds United FC forum

Topic started: Wednesday 21 August 2013 15:29 PM
Blackspaven's avatarBlackspavenUser is Offline Posts: 8,239Liked: 374 times in 278 postsJoined: April 2009Hall of Fame5 year member
Posted 21 Aug 2013 15:29
Tactical nouse
The last few weeks have been interesting. Despite someone constantly slating the board et al, after the signing yesterday, I've noticed they've quietly been getting on with doing things in their own timeframe and without drawing attention to the way they're slowly trying to pull the fanbase in and get the odd player here and there, and players that look as if they might fit the bill just right to be half decent additions, a bit like in the film Moneyball.

Quite frankly, now I've started to think about it, it's sneaky and I LIKE it. :)

Not saying we're gonna be world beaters overnight, far from it, but I think the foundations we're developing seem to be quite stable and good for the future, regardless of how long GFH are here. They've not said they'll splash money around, and they've not been any tighter than our former fuhrer, the've just kept their mouths shut.

Possibly not everyone's view, but I'm happy to let them carry on as they're going and see what happens. I think this season might be quite exciting.

Definitely MOT! :)
The following 2 users like this post: sam11, Billyni
O_RICH's avatarO_RICHUser is Offline Posts: 1,059Liked: 88 times in 68 postsJoined: September 2011Hall of Fame3 year member
Posted 21 Aug 2013 15:31
re: Tactical nouse
I predict this thread will get hijacked XD
sam11User is Offline Posts: 6,849Liked: 396 times in 302 postsJoined: April 2011Hall of Fame3 year member
Posted 21 Aug 2013 15:36
'Blackspaven' wrote at 15:29 on 21 Aug:
The last few weeks have been interesting. Despite someone constantly slating the board et al, after the signing yesterday, I've noticed they've quietly been getting on with doing things in their own timeframe and without drawing attention to the way they're slowly trying to pull the fanbase in and get the odd player here and there, and players that look as if they might fit the bill just right to be half decent additions, a bit like in the film Moneyball.

Quite frankly, now I've started to think about it, it's sneaky and I LIKE it. :)

Not saying we're gonna be world beaters overnight, far from it, but I think the foundations we're developing seem to be quite stable and good for the future, regardless of how long GFH are here. They've not said they'll splash money around, and they've not been any tighter than our former fuhrer, the've just kept their mouths shut.

Possibly not everyone's view, but I'm happy to let them carry on as they're going and see what happens. I think this season might be quite exciting.

Definitely MOT! :)

Very well put. Agree with every word. McD's plan is to make gradual progress each season. If we finish top half this season I'll be satisfied (easy to please, me). This league ain't easy, all the teams are very close. McD is here for the long term (hopefully) and we're gonna have to be patient. Changing managers every year or 18 months is the wrong way to go. He needs our full backing, the test will be when we have a bad spell. MOT
WTF11's avatarWTF11User is Offline Posts: 2,669Liked: 236 times in 177 postsJoined: November 2011Hall of Fame3 year member
Posted 21 Aug 2013 15:39
Despite the concerns I have expressed elsewhere, I'm in general agreement. Would MUCH prefer current owners to the smelly one, impressed by what they say, and (so far) what they have done, and without having to spend megabucks to do it, (unlike the spending some might have preferred). I have the utmost respect for Brian, top class manager, and a real "man manager" of the highest calibre, with the skill to get the most out of players (and recognise just what "most" actually is!).

Just tell Boro' to f00k off, solve the attacking conundrum, and Bobs your uncle! ;D

MOT
Blackspaven's avatarBlackspavenUser is Offline Posts: 8,239Liked: 374 times in 278 postsJoined: April 2009Hall of Fame5 year member
Posted 21 Aug 2013 15:54
Yup, the Ross situation won't necessarily be a dealbreaker depending on one of the offlowing three outcomes:
1) he stays, GFH win
2) he gets sold for silly money, GFH are seen as being resonable businessmen as long as the money is reinvested (and no realistic reason to think it won't be with the way they're allowing BM to get the odd player at the mo)
3) he gets sold for peanuts or what he's worth, GFH might feel a backlash if they don't do something to balance it out.

And Sam, I don't think it's too daft to just want a decent top half finish. Realistically, I'd be happy with just outside the playoffs as long as the standard of footy shows that we're heading in the right direction and the buildign blocks for the future have potential.

People want it all overnight, and that's a ludicrous way to think bearing in mind the nonsense we've had for the last 2 years! It's like a spoilt brat at christmas, and we need to be a little patient.

It'll come, give it time. ;)
O_RICH's avatarO_RICHUser is Offline Posts: 1,059Liked: 88 times in 68 postsJoined: September 2011Hall of Fame3 year member
Posted 21 Aug 2013 15:55
Are we there yet?. what about now?. and now?. :blue:
The following user likes this post: WTF11
Posted 21 Aug 2013 16:08
Patience, young Skywalker. :)
Posted 21 Aug 2013 16:08
'O_RICH' wrote at 15:55 on 21 Aug:
Are we there yet?. what about now?. and now?. :blue:

I CAN SEE THE SEA!!!:D
The following 2 users like this post: jimmybn, O_RICH
Posted 21 Aug 2013 16:12
Unknown image
Who's online
1 users currently online on this team's forums plus 30 guests viewing at 00:20 hrs. on Monday 22 December 2014 fenwhite (6 minutes).
Leeds Utd. forum statistics
  • Total registered users:9,545
  • Newest user (date):Grmcam (This week)
  • Total club posts:647,673
  • Top poster (count):Donnywhitegaz (20,254)
Post League Table for Leeds Utd.
Pos User Posts
1 donnywhitegaz 20,254
2 exiledwhite 14,234
3 gelderdbootboy 12,566
4 leodisdude 11,622
5 fenwhite 10,714
6 spawhite 9,897
7 barney1963 9,701
8 hgatenasty 9,215
9 pilgrimwhite 9,104
10 lufc76cor 8,586