Team: Forum: Display:
You are not logged in (viewing only)
Login  |  Register  |  Customise View  |  RSS Feed  |  Return to Forum Home

Town full of Leeds fans - Leeds United FC forum

Topic started: Thursday 08 August 2013 13:46 PM
EDOWHITEUser is Offline Posts: 256Liked: 14 times in 12 postsJoined: September 2010Academy4 year member
Posted 23 Aug 2013 12:32
re: Town full of Leeds fans
'BDrover' wrote at 10:28 on 23 Aug:
'EDOWHITE' wrote at 13:46 on 08 Aug:
Out of interest,who on here's from Donny and where?
Edenthorpe
Nice to have a 'home' draw;D
Why so proud about supporting another cities football team?you make me laugh you 'Donny whites' & other Leeds fans you slag off Man Utd fans for not been from Manchester but you're just as bad,bet if you'd have been born in Bury or Altringham you too would be going to Old Trafford every other week instead of supporting your local team.

I've only supported Leeds,thru thick and thin.That's my choice in a free country.As far as the local team debate goes though,I've had a load of Donny fans ask me why not Donny?I always throw it back though as 'what was the first team you supported?'The vast majority started watching Rovers after their recent revival.Glory supporters.
If you relly believe in only following your 'local' team,have a word with your Chairman.I believe he lives in Cheshire.:D
EDOWHITEUser is Offline Posts: 256Liked: 14 times in 12 postsJoined: September 2010Academy4 year member
Posted 23 Aug 2013 12:38
'BDrover' wrote at 12:31 on 23 Aug:
'lucasmalty' wrote at 10:36 on 23 Aug:
That's like saying you can't move to an area where your children get a better education, you should stay in an area where your kids receive sub standard education because that's where your from. Personally I prefer Rotherham united to doncaster rovers, to many Plastic fans now, none of em can spell Belle vue.
Plastic fans?people from Doncaster supporting Doncaster Rovers,how does that make them plastic,their just the new generation of fans who have started supporting their local team during the last 10 years after reasonable sucess.

Thick and thin,my friend.Thick and thin
chezzywhite's avatarchezzywhiteUser is Offline Posts: 2,541Liked: 214 times in 151 postsJoined: August 2009Hall of Fame5 year member
Posted 23 Aug 2013 12:46
kin el...how a Donny fan can make a t!t of himself in one easy post "started supporting in the last 10 years after reasonable sucess". My pen is made of plastic too.
WTF11's avatarWTF11User is Online Posts: 2,436Liked: 220 times in 161 postsJoined: November 2011Hall of Fame2 year member
Posted 23 Aug 2013 12:47
Edenthorpe
Why so proud about supporting another cities football team?you make me laugh you 'Donny whites' & other Leeds fans you slag off Man Utd fans for not been from Manchester but you're just as bad,bet if you'd have been born in Bury or Altringham you too would be going to Old Trafford every other week instead of supporting your local team.

Err, think not bud. Difference between the Plastic Mancs and the fans who make up the various Whites branches is that most, if not all of those who belong to a Whites branch actually go to see Leeds play (home and away). The majority of Plastic Mancs wouldn't know the difference between Old Trafford and a hole in the ground (err, maybe same!) because they have never seen the place!

MOT, see you soon m8! ;D
BDroverUser is Offline Posts: 27Joined: September 2010Trialist4 year member
Posted 23 Aug 2013 12:48
'EDOWHITE' wrote at 12:32 on 23 Aug:
Edenthorpe

I've only supported Leeds,thru thick and thin.That's my choice in a free country.As far as the local team debate goes though,I've had a load of Donny fans ask me why not Donny?I always throw it back though as 'what was the first team you supported?'The vast majority started watching Rovers after their recent revival.Glory supporters.
If you relly believe in only following your 'local' team,have a word with your Chairman.I believe he lives in Cheshire.:D
He does but he was born & raised in Doncaster,we've got plenty of exiles who live all over the world(like every other club)who support the team of the town/city they were born in,were you born in Leeds EDO?if so fair enough,but i suspect you wer'nt?& when i went to Hungerhill school between 83 & 87 its fair to say i was the only one wearing a Rovers shirt in PE,my eldest son goes to the same school now & thankfully theres alot more Rovers fans at that school now than there were 25 years ago,people are no longer emmbarrased to say i support Doncaster Rovers,shame people were'nt brave enough to do so years ago.
Posted 23 Aug 2013 12:56
'chezzywhite' wrote at 12:46 on 23 Aug:
kin el...how a Donny fan can make a t!t of himself in one easy post "started supporting in the last 10 years after reasonable sucess". My pen is made of plastic too.
My first game 79/80 season,i was talking about the next generation of fans who have started supporting the Rovers in the last 10 years.
Posted 23 Aug 2013 12:56
'BDrover' wrote at 12:48 on 23 Aug:
Edenthorpe

He does but he was born & raised in Doncaster,we've got plenty of exiles who live all over the world(like every other club)who support the team of the town/city they were born in,were you born in Leeds EDO?if so fair enough,but i suspect you wer'nt?& when i went to Hungerhill school between 83 & 87 its fair to say i was the only one wearing a Rovers shirt in PE,my eldest son goes to the same school now & thankfully theres alot more Rovers fans at that school now than there were 25 years ago,people are no longer emmbarrased to say i support Doncaster Rovers,shame people were'nt brave enough to do so years ago.

Born and bred in Edo.Made a choice as a 6 year old,and stuck to it.I know many ex Leeds fans who now wear Rovers colours.They're like reformed smokers.I'll change a lot of things in life,but switching clubs isn't for condideration.Enjoy the game.
Posted 23 Aug 2013 13:07
'EDOWHITE' wrote at 12:56 on 23 Aug:
'BDrover' wrote at 12:48 on 23 Aug:
Edenthorpe

Born and bred in Edo.Made a choice as a 6 year old,and stuck to it.I know many ex Leeds fans who now wear Rovers colours.They're like reformed smokers.I'll change a lot of things in life,but switching clubs isn't for condideration.Enjoy the game.
Cheers,i've got a feeling i will...
lucasmalty's avatarlucasmaltyUser is Offline Posts: 7,449Liked: 116 times in 89 postsJoined: June 2008Hall of Fame6 year member
Posted 23 Aug 2013 13:49
At least this "New breed" of rovers fans sing at home games! XD XD oh I forgot Glory hunters can't sing.
Who's online
8 users currently online on this team's forums plus 70 guests viewing at 18:42 hrs. on Friday 19 September 2014 wtf11 (192 minutes), lufc63 (85), calverleyboy (80), magnificowhite (76), cromerwhite (75), pilgrimwhite (69), joellufcprice (68), landonne (65).
Leeds Utd. forum statistics
  • Total registered users:9,500
  • Newest user (date):Gingerwhite. (This week)
  • Total club posts:639,102
  • Top poster (count):Donnywhitegaz (20,146)
Post League Table for Leeds Utd.
Pos User Posts
1 donnywhitegaz 20,146
2 exiledwhite 14,234
3 gelderdbootboy 12,552
4 leodisdude 11,529
5 fenwhite 10,679
6 spawhite 9,897
7 barney1963 9,701
8 hgatenasty 8,942
9 pilgrimwhite 8,705
10 lufc76cor 8,586