Blades-Mad welcome you to the interactive message board, where you can voice your opinions on the important issues regarding not only Sheffield United Football Club, but the world of football in general and You are free to view all posts on the board. You must login to be able to reply to existing posts, or to start up your own new topic.

:: BLADES-MAD ONLINE SHOP ::

Team: Forum: Display:
You are not logged in (viewing only)
Login  |  Register  |  Customise View  |  RSS Feed  |  Return to Forum Home
Joined 10 Mar 2009 Total club posts 3880 Daily Average 1.862 Total FM posts 3896 Daily Average 1.870

champagneblade

Diego time? In all the furore, what a time it would be for young Diego to grab the nettle.

For all the feeling around Ched, there's nothing that quite gets the juices flowing like a home grown lad succeeding.

With McNulty and Higdon still out, I'd love for us to really go at Oldham tomorrow.

Get Scougal alongside Doyle and have Diego and Baxter working together up front. Basham and McEvely should be able to keep things tight at the back.

Cometh the moment and all that Carpe Diem stuff :)
21 November 2014 12:30 Started on 'Blades Board' forum
A watershed moment In the club's history it is really that.

I don't think I have seen the fanbase so divided.

I would suggest the club exert the financial muscle they have to ensure promotion is achieved.

Otherwise we will really look like Lions led by Donkeys.

At best Evans is cast aside until he wins an appeal and at that point it will depend on where we are and what Evans thinks of the SUFC stance at the time. He can't have ignored the negative publicity and him having let the club down and owing the fans hasn't gone away.

The thoughts of a portion of budget being set aside for him can be further dispelled then if he is on the back burner.

The club needs to reunite the fans. Further dithering by management or board in the transfer market isn't going to achieve that.

I have had my own stance on the Evans affair but also recognize that we deal with situations as they are. Evans therefore needs to be reduced to a footnote until an appeal is successful. In the meantime the pressure is on the club to deliver a striker. Preston just signed Beckford. What is there to make the fans think it won't be a Bristol Preston 1-2?

They need to make us believe once more. There's certainly enough additional money come in from FA Cup, Maguire money and League Cup. The will has to be there though.

Final note to all those who had a different position to me on Evans. No hard feelings. I am always fine to agree to disagree. Onwards and upwards.
21 November 2014 01:27 Started on 'Blades Board' forum
Patrons in the sand One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the Patron.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the Patron.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the Patron about it:

"Patron, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me.
During my times of trial and suffering,
when I see only one set of footprints,
was it then that you carried me?"

The Patron replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
You see the thing is, I had a blossoming media career,
and nobody wants any bad publicity so I ****ed off pronto.
You understand, right? Give me a shout if you get to Wembley again though.
We'll definitely touch base then!"

:D

The original is enclosed. Cracking poem!
20 November 2014 00:27 Started on 'Blades Board' forum
Forum contributions

replied to Why are the 'opinions' of Z list celebrities...

To the patrons all jumping ship If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
17 November 2014 21:17 Started on 'Blades Board' forum
Should Clough be considering his position? Bit tongue in cheek I would say. However I was drawn to some of the comments by John Gregory in the enclosed article:

"I'll have to have a long hard look at myself in what I am doing in my particular job at the moment. I am not getting as much as I should from these players."

I'd say the exacta same comment applies to Clough.

If he thinks we're having a good season being 8th and 10 points off 1st after a third of the season he's living in cloud cuckoo land and needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

I also can't believe he can be so stupid to think you can get out of this division without prolific strikers.

From Hudds edging us out 2 years back to Bristol having 3 good strike options and Preston edging past is through Garner's goal, I'm sorry Nige, but you're wrong and you do need one. A solid defence and strikers that threaten is usually enough to get out of league one.

He needs to start smelling the coffee or whatever wakes him up. Goals from elsewhere are fine but nothing suggests Doyle, Wallace, Scougal or Campbell-Rice may reach double figures. Murphy might just. Baxter might just. But they should be supplementing a goalscorer. Acting instead of is not going to be enough.

No team goes up in November, but 8th and so far off top plus at least 2 games off second is NOT in any shape good enough. Anything below top 2 with the amazing support and number of changes he was allowed to make in the summer is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Please get that into your thick stubborn skull.

When 2 of the 3 top scorers are injured, not picking the top scorer defies logic. Picking on him for not scoring in his 30 minutes when your two favorites Baxter and Scougal have failed in a longer period smacks of favoritism and hypocracy.

Sheffield United are a huge club in this division and we cannot pander to your foibles and favorites at the expense of the top two.

Drop the act and start picking a team to win games.

What is it 3 goals in the first half of games? No more confirmation of the wrong approach to games, wrong tactics and negativity is needed. 2 derby games and 2 derby defeats shows your big game approach needs addressing too, not to mention the abject pasting at Swindon. If a club our size ships 5 goals on an occasion I expect us to be able to deal out such a beating threefold at least in the season for our resources.

If you aren't going to set out to win every match then push off to somewhere this is acceptable. 25k watched the last game, 5x what some teams get. Start managing the giant we are, not casting as being on par with the opposition, we're not.

I never rated Cotterill but given they finished below us last year and are now 10 ahead, what does this say about how well you have managed SUFC in the same period? I started a Clough fan but he's bordering on getting under my skin with his point scoring at the expense of the team's progress. He's cost us 9-12 points through bad team selection alone and negativity; first two games and the last being examples.

I don't care how many chances we create and miss, don't be surprised midfielders aren't clinical finishers it's why every other team has strikers. When Southampton come and no doubt give us a lesson you should see that successful teams play with strikers too.
04 November 2014 12:20 Started on 'Blades Board' forum
Forum contributions

replied to 4-4- 2

Who's online
21 users currently online on this team's forums plus 351 guests viewing at 10:04 hrs. on Saturday 22 November 2014 rkida (68 minutes), oldbillblade (58), studge (48), ecco1889 (48), mikeltonge (42), chipbuttyblade (41), stanoblade (38), almostsignedmarado (36), seanshoreham (36), erskineblade (34), levelerblade (31), zablade (24), dirty_harry (22), matlockbathblade (16), sharp_blade (12), fatherknowsbest (8), roygbiv (6), kozzy_is_my_dad (6), onmiedson (6), twirlo70 (3), wavy_blade (0).
Sheff. Utd. forum statistics
  • Total registered users:11,917
  • Newest user (date):Camzter (Today)
  • Total club posts:1,764,470
  • Top poster (count):darblade (28,786)
Post League Table for Sheff. Utd.
Pos User Posts
1 darblade 28,786
2 seanbeanstattoo 25,818
3 gizmo233 23,337
4 paddys 22,530
5 blades58 20,736