Blades-Mad welcome you to the interactive message board, where you can voice your opinions on the important issues regarding not only Sheffield United Football Club, but the world of football in general and You are free to view all posts on the board. You must login to be able to reply to existing posts, or to start up your own new topic.

:: BLADES-MAD ONLINE SHOP ::

Team: Forum: Display:
You are not logged in (viewing only)
Login  |  Register  |  Customise View  |  RSS Feed  |  Return to Forum Home
Joined 10 Mar 2009 Total club posts 4099 Daily Average 1.903 Total FM posts 4115 Daily Average 1.910

champagneblade

Forum contributions

replied to Diego..

replied to Clough wants another 3!

replied to How good can Reed be?

replied to Pigs taken over by Thai Fish Mogul

replied to Chris Basham

replied to Policing last night

replied to Campbell-Ryce

replied to Higdon

replied to Henry Winter's match report

replied to Snowed off again?

replied to So why no no red card for vertonghen

Is it time to plan without Doyle? I've become much more pro michael Doyle as a footballer this past year or so under Clough however, even though people have different views on his ability, which I accept, yesterday was one of the first times I really thought his legs were going.

The free kicks he gave away were a sign of tackles being made where his body couldn't cash the cheques his brain were writing.

Then there's the formation.

When Reed replaced Doyle, the whole dynamic of the team changed. Part was due to the state of the game but part was that the team were set up to use, recycle and retain the ball far better.

To achieve promotion we need to be achieving many 3 point maximums be that through play offs or almost impossible automatic.

I don't see how we achieve this with a dedicated destructive midfielder AND only one up front. It's far too cautious.

I'd be looking to bring Reed to the forefront of the team and work on carving open the opposition more. Reed and Coutts can perhaps give more impetus than Doyle can for what we need now. Get Flynn on the right or Davies with JCR as the last 30 minutes impact guy with Murphy in the left. And get a proper partnership up front of two potential goalscorers.

Even if that is Higdon and McNulty, Baxter and McNulty, Higdon and Diego, whatever but we need to give something to occupy the centre halves. McNulty did a lot of running but against 2 big international centre backs, what chance did he have?

4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 the whole team has to be set up more offensively. We may risk losing the odd one but with the level of opposition we should be able to take the game to them, concede the odd goal and still win out.
29 January 2015 04:54 Started on 'Blades Board' forum
Forum contributions

replied to What ifs

replied to Weather Watch

replied to Preston Reply

replied to Lucky Number 6

replied to Diego

replied to Wallace and Cuvelier

Has Diego forced his way into semi final squad? If he's fit, I do wonder.

It is a game where only a win will do.

Whilst we will in all likelihood start with the same XI as last time, it makes you wonder if, as a potential goalscorer, a flair player and someone able to do something unpredictable he may just be worth a spot on the bench.

Having an additional goalscorer on the bench instead of a second defender would be more appropriate IMHO.
24 January 2015 18:14 Started on 'Blades Board' forum
Forum contributions

replied to Paul Merson

replied to Where does this leave Alcock?

replied to Your preferred team...?

replied to Thursday press conference

Doubts on O'Grady I hope we are not holding out for COG AND COG alone. 22 January 2015 06:58 Started on 'Blades Board' forum
Forum contributions

replied to Major missed opportunity

Who's online
2 users currently online on this team's forums plus 124 guests viewing at 07:06 hrs. on Sunday 01 February 2015 bendavematt (51 minutes), blade67 (2).
Sheff. Utd. forum statistics
  • Total registered users:11,917
  • Newest user (date):WumwellBlade (Yesterday)
  • Total club posts:1,789,067
  • Top poster (count):darblade (28,864)
Post League Table for Sheff. Utd.
Pos User Posts
1 darblade 28,864
2 seanbeanstattoo 26,340
3 gizmo233 23,344
4 paddys 22,611
5 blades58 21,263
6 scouseblade 20,398
7 roiblade 19,891
8 herbert 17,170