Welcome to the The Republic of Ireland Mad message board, where you can voice your opinions on the big issues regarding both Rep. of Ire. and the world of football in general.

You are free to view all messages on the board, but must login in order to post your own. If you do not have an account, click on either the 'Login/Register' link below and select 'Register as a new user' to enter your details, or use the 'Register' link towards the top right of the page, .

Note: The Footymad boards use cookies, and I.E. users who have disabled them and are having login problems may need to add 'footymad.net' to their list of websites for which cookies are 'Always Allowed' (go to the 'Tools' menu, then select 'Internet Options', then 'Privacy' and click 'Edit').

Team: Forum: Display:
You are not logged in (viewing only)
Login  |  Register  |  Customise View  |  RSS Feed  |  Return to Forum Home
Joined 03 Feb 2005 Total club posts 1256 Daily Average 0.357 Total FM posts 1725 Daily Average 0.491

owlsfan

The new campaign Fingers crossed and it all kicks off away to Georgia on Sunday. We have managed to avoid losing fixtures like these for the past few years and we'll have to continue if we've any hope of progressing. Not sure there will be any room for slip ups in this campaign with Scotland (who may well get something in Germany like Sweden did) and Poland breathing down our necks. I suspect we'll play 4-4-2 in this game and revert to 4--5-1 at home when the bigger boys come to town.

On wards and upwards...I hope.
05 September 2014 14:13 Started on 'The ROI Green Room' forum
Forum contributions

started topic (Sheff. Wed.) Ex-Wednesday Player scores in Scottish Cup Final

FA Cup Final Nice to see some Irish involvement in the Cup Final, albeit on the losing side. Thought Quinn did ok and Meyler performed his defensive duties effectively. Even Paul McShane got to play in a Cup Final. Many a player never had that honour. Last team to throw away a 2 goal lead and lose on the day ? :blue: 17 May 2014 22:53 Started on 'The ROI Green Room' forum
Forum contributions

replied to new manager

replied to Good win and peformance

replied to player ratings

replied to Trap door!

Sweden and Austria We need maximum points which is a tough ask. I have never seen (as in being at the game) us win a game away from home against a team other than a so-called "minnow". I am off to Vienna on Tuesday so now would be a good time but first 3 points at home to Sweden is essential.

Hopefully Wilson will play which will give us a fairly solid back four. In the away game we showed we can match if not better the Swedes but our home form...hmmmmmm.

Fingers crossed.
03 September 2013 11:20 Started on 'The ROI Green Room' forum
McCarthy to Everton Good to see him back in the Premiership. Will he and Gibson be fighting for the same position? 03 September 2013 11:13 Started on 'The ROI Green Room' forum
15 and counting Just back from Sweden. The 15th away game in qualifying games under Trap and we still remain unbeaten!! An amazing achievement.

The papers had us written off but we started really well and never allowed Sweden get in to their stride. A team will play only as well as it is let. Good support as ever away from home despite the cost of the local brew and grub.

The much maligned Paul Green worked his socks off across the park and closed them down and did actually pass the ball well on occasions in between giving it away as well ;D . Yap's friend John O'Shea was awarded man of the match on the Irish side by the Swedes. Wilson and Coleman were excellent. If Keane and Long had taken their early chances, who knows?

Of course the achilles heel is the home performances. THat result will count for little unless we can put away the Austrians. With Robbie out I worry about where the goals will come from. What Sammon is doing in the side other than as a battering ram, I am not sure but fingers crossed.
25 March 2013 11:29 Started on 'The ROI Green Room' forum
Forum contributions

replied to Disgrace

Who's online
0 users currently online on this team's forums plus 1 guests viewing at 16:42 hrs. on Friday 19 September 2014
Rep. of Ire. forum statistics
  • Total registered users:1,493
  • Newest user (date):artist formally know
  • Total club posts:61,865
  • Top poster (count):BIGGREENBEAR (8,899)
Post League Table for Rep. of Ire.
Pos User Posts
1 biggreenbear 8,899
2 paddyblade 4,927
3 yapster 3,599
4 rebeld 3,074
5 celticgavink 2,491
6 crazybeargang2 2,350
7 derrydee 2,204
8 mcwilliam 2,112
9 ralphpom 1,960
10 yerman 1,762