c:windowstempphp6cd2.tmp 

QUEEN OF THE SOUTH FORUM

You are not logged in (viewing only)
Attention Queen of the South fans
Number one for football - Join now for a deposit bonus up to £200
Posted Thursday 7th Mar 2013 16:07

re: Ayr United 9th March

nithvalley wrote on 23:52 on 04 Mar:
As far as I know Michael Moffat, who scored all 4 of their goals at the weekend, is suspended for the trip to Palmerston.

This will certainly be one of our better League attendances as Ayr are the only team to bring a decent away support although they have been struggling of late.

You should be right JR "approaching 2 thousand for this one."

Ayr will be without both Moffat & McAusland for the game against Queens this weekend .

Any news on the injury to Lyle & how long he'll be out for ..?

Posted Friday 8th Mar 2013 12:56

Here's hoping tomorrow's attendance is affected too much by the cold & wet weather forecast and dare I say it the rugby being on at 2.30pm :(

Posted Friday 8th Mar 2013 14:53

From the SFL website -

Ayr United player/ manager Mark Roberts is contemplating including himself in the Honest Men’s starting XI for the first time in over 3 months when they visit runaway leaders Queen of the South tomorrow.

The 37 year old looks set to play due to a shortage of strikers at Somerset Park as Michael Moffat is suspended and David Winters is a major doubt with a calf injury.

Roberts said: “We face a massive period in our season as we start the final quarter of games at Queen of the South. I will start if David does not make it.”

Posted Friday 8th Mar 2013 15:47

according to ayr forum only one mini bus from maybole coming to palmerston so this coupled with the miserable cold, damp weather forecast and the rugby on tv cannot see crowd anywhere near 2000 but hope am wrong

Posted Saturday 9th Mar 2013 08:18

After two week's out injured if Lyle is now fit would he come straight back into the team?
I would be expecting to start with the same team as last week. This then begs the question based on that bench of Smith, Paton, Willie and Holt, who drops out altogether if Lyle is fit again?

Posted Saturday 9th Mar 2013 17:32

Where were McKenna and Young today ?

That was another comfortable 3 points on a difficult pitch but the championship is getting closer.

Nice to see Ayr player manager Mark Roberts shake the QOS players hands as they left the pitch at the end, a nice touch.

Hope Ayr can string a few results together and make the play-offs but its going to be difficult for them.

Posted Saturday 9th Mar 2013 17:34

Another Saturday and yet another victory for Queens . Totally dominated the game from start to finish . Credit to Ayr who defended well at times but goals from Lyle & Reilly see us go 20 points clear at the top .

Disappointing crowd though on a cold wet afternoon at Palmerston :blue:

Not long now before we're officially crowd champions of Division 2 :)

Posted Saturday 9th Mar 2013 22:30

I must agree it was a really dissappointing crowd .I hope that players and managers are not put of staying by a perceived lack of support.Those not there missed out on absolutely dominant display.
I don't know the stats but we seemed to have hit a few timely goals before the interval and Lyle's bundled header was just in the nick of time.He was odds on to score with his kids as mascots.The goal was just reward for our possession even though the chances were not that plentiful.Reilly was having some joy in the left channel,Danny probably should have scored,Higgins looped a header of the post and Lyle was knocked of a headed chance before he outmuscled at the front post to put us 1 up.
I thought we tried to get the ball forward quicker in the second half and Ayr found the going a lot tougher.A marauding Holt was again prominent and the left provided the goal as i think Lyle crossed for Danny to cleverly head back for Gavin to cleanly slam home the second.That was game over as Ayr struggled to get out of their half.Nicky was unlucky with two headers especially a diving header from Guffs cross after some fine football.Smiths backside stopped a Danny pass from putting in Gavin and our young hotshot was dragged back by the left back in what looked like a goal scoring chance that brought a sympathetic yellow.The second half had some great possession football from the entire team topped of with a relentless pressing game.Ayr seldom had a choice of pass.
Ayr obviously missed the attacking threat of Moffat but i didn't see their game plan.They were admittedly more dogged than earlier games but i can only recall a Roberts drive around 70 minutes on target.Roberts in particular was not great with a spell in the first where he seemed trying to get sent off.
For Queens i thought the whole team played well with the two in the middle of the park sparking memories of the halcyon days of McKenna and Young.I thought Burns had the energy and drive of a younger version of himself.Basically the whole team can play football and had too much for Ayr today.Also good to see the discipline of no bookings for a third game.
20 points clear from one of our best sides ever.

Posted Sunday 10th Mar 2013 01:38

MUSKY wrote on 17:32 on 09 Mar:
Where were McKenna and Young today ?

That was another comfortable 3 points on a difficult pitch but the championship is getting closer.

Nice to see Ayr player manager Mark Roberts shake the QOS players hands as they left the pitch at the end, a nice touch.

Hope Ayr can string a few results together and make the play-offs but its going to be difficult for them.

Don't know about Young but i heard McKenna was on parental leave.

Posted Sunday 10th Mar 2013 19:57

"i heard McKenna was on parental leave."

That may possibly explain the "rocking the baby" celebration from Nicky Clark and McKenna after the second goal at Methil?

Posted Sunday 10th Mar 2013 20:33

New borns are hard work. McKenna might be like a zombie till the end of thr season.

QUEEN OF THE SOUTH FORUM STATISTICS
  • Total registered users: 2,486
  • Top poster: veteran(7,332)

POST LEAGUE TABLE FOR QUEEN OF THE SOUTH
pos user posts
1 veteran 7,332
2 Lord_Palmerston 7,108
3 telboy 7,102
4 palmylad 6,803
5 CHIPPER1919 5,182
6 hotrod 4,800
7 MUSKY 4,129