+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Retained List Out

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I’d be surprised to hear anything other than this:
    Directors decide on Thalhammer.
    An immigration laywer is appointed.
    The lawyer points out that Thalhammer hasn’t the experience to qualify - but we might able to push it through - and if we fail there’s a chance we could win it on appeal.
    The directors follow that advice.
    Thalhammer was denied after the appeal.

Thalhammer, the directors and the lawyers have done nothing wrong.
    Some supporters are just wanting something to kick.
    Probably. But you do think there's a case to answer here. To get to the stage he was at, and the club sack Collins so that they could install Thalhammer, I think it shows incompetence somewhere in the process. Doesn't matter though now we've got our new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Probably. But you do think there's a case to answer here. To get to the stage he was at, and the club sack Collins so that they could install Thalhammer, I think it shows incompetence somewhere in the process. Doesn't matter though now we've got our new coach.
    I think the directors long ago came to the same conclusion that many of the supporters did - the club ain’t going nowhere with Collins.
    I’m only guessing but it wouldn’t surprise me to hear that the club knew they had made a massive mistake last year but they have stuck with him hoping that performances would improve.
    I don’t think many supporters or the directors thought we had any chance in the playoffs with him in charge.
    So there was nothing to lose letting Disco have a go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I think the directors long ago came to the same conclusion that many of the supporters did - the club ain’t going nowhere with Collins.
    I’m only guessing but it wouldn’t surprise me to hear that the club knew they had made a massive mistake last year but they have stuck with him hoping that performances would improve.
    I don’t think many supporters or the directors thought we had any chance in the playoffs with him in charge.
    So there was nothing to lose letting Disco have a go at it.
    Sorry Nudge. Typo. My post should have said that I do still think the club had a case to answer. Something went wrong that shouldn't have gone wrong in the hiring of Thalhammer. It matters not because Clarke looks a good fit to me

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Sorry Nudge. Typo. My post should have said that I do still think the club had a case to answer. Something went wrong that shouldn't have gone wrong in the hiring of Thalhammer. It matters not because Clarke looks a good fit to me
    Yes he also sounds good to me Arbs.
    Let’s hope he’s a massive success.
    And if he is - then I hope all those that have ragged the directors over this last year or so remember what they said.
    Some of the comments on here have been poor.
    But elsewhere - especially Twitter - it’s been appalling the level of abuse the club and JAQ has had to endure.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567