+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Pearce Deal Falls Through

Tom Pearce Deal Falls Through

Signing for Wigan apparently according to Giddins .

Probably offered him more brass presumably .

Having medical at Wigan

The way the world is now Greed , if he wants better wages ? Let Wigan pay them , if he wants to improve his career ? Maybe less wages at Oakwell , cannot fault the club in making this stance , but just my opinion we would /could make him a better prospect ? Don't know much about the lad at all , Im not at all convinced he would be any better / maybe worse than Jordan Williams , Williams looks pretty useful to me and he's also a versatile player , so no big loss IMHO

Totally agree Roma.

If he chooses Wigan, that’s his choice - if us, that’s fine! Just make your mind up, lad, or maybe we should just not bother

Quote Originally Posted by anstonred View Post
    If he chooses Wigan, that’s his choice - if us, that’s fine! Just make your mind up, lad, or maybe we should just not bother
    Looks like his made his mind up Anston , the daft sod , don't let it bother you , it dunt me

I don’t know if it’s for more money or just to be nearer mommy but he or his agent have shown no footballing ambition, no disrespect to Wigan but I think their glory days have gone.
    With our recent record and policy of producing and moving on defenders he would have had his pick of several clubs in 1/2 seasons instead he may have put himself on the road to oblivion.
    I think he’s made a big mistake but good luck to the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I don’t know if it’s for more money or just to be nearer mommy but he or his agent have shown no footballing ambition, no disrespect to Wigan but I think their glory days have gone.
    With our recent record and policy of producing and moving on defenders he would have had his pick of several clubs in 1/2 seasons instead he may have put himself on the road to oblivion.
    I think he’s made a big mistake but good luck to the lad.
    We should have hung onto Moore a bit longer and said to Wigan you let us sign Pearce and we'll sell you Moore.

Clearly he wasn't that excited about coming here to start with .

His loss in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    We should have hung onto Moore a bit longer and said to Wigan you let us sign Pearce and we'll sell you Moore.
    We always seem to get ourselves on the wrong side of this don’t we..... Sell the player, THEN scratch around for the replacement. The other way round would have been better, yet would have driven the excellent price we received down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast