+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunderland away

Sunderland away

Green back don't know how we'll play it to get him involved we seem better with a back 4. Four across the middle then Dext & Bramall will have to get forward wide from the back.

If Green is fit to start he'll just slot in where Onyedinma was v Blackburn I would think. We've got Christ to throw into the mix as well now but again, will he be eligible to start? Can see McGuckin getting minutes again, especially with players injured/building fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    If Green is fit to start he'll just slot in where Onyedinma was v Blackburn I would think. We've got Christ to throw into the mix as well now but again, will he be eligible to start? Can see McGuckin getting minutes again, especially with players injured/building fitness.

Mcguckin he's moving up the pecking order. Only thing wrong with the Blackburn game was Wiles on the right doesn't see him at his best.

GAVIN WARD
    Lee Venamore and Mark Russell
    Fourth Official : Leigh Doughty

Hopefully no new injuries but Fred will be missing

3-1 Millers

I hope to Christ we give Wiles a rest - at the moment he is offering nothing to the team. I've never really rated him but since he got crocked he doesn't seem to have the same (if any) spark. It's a shame because he genuinely seems a nice lad and he was on the cusp of making a decent living at Burnley if all reports were true.

Green on pitch helping Hugill, he seems only one that can atm

Just setting off.
    7of us going only one of us thinks we can get a win and it’s not me.
    Would take a point right now.

We can win this? any way it’s our turn they won last year ?

We need to adapt to their problems ! They have no striker ? Bradley Dack played last week but as a false nine so last thing we need is three centre backs marking nobody ? They will flood midfielder and rely on their two excellent wingers creating an opening, they both like to get a shot in and will only pass the ball if forced too. So we need two proper fullbacks, they will dominate possession but increasingly get frustrated if they don’t get a breakthrough and then I think we will clear them out on the break ? I can see a crescendo of boos echoing round the ground ! Their centre backs also bring them problems ? If they don’t bring Bath back in Jordan Will knock the others about ! First win of the season coming our way !

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    We can win this? any way it’s our turn they won last year ?

We need to adapt to their problems ! They have no striker ? Bradley Dack played last week but as a false nine so last thing we need is three centre backs marking nobody ? They will flood midfielder and rely on their two excellent wingers creating an opening, they both like to get a shot in and will only pass the ball if forced too. So we need two proper fullbacks, they will dominate possession but increasingly get frustrated if they don’t get a breakthrough and then I think we will clear them out on the break ? I can see a crescendo of boos echoing round the ground ! Their centre backs also bring them problems ? If they don’t bring Bath back in Jordan Will knock the others about ! First win of the season coming our way !
    MT, very optimistic and I hope your prediction works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing Commander View Post
    I hope to Christ we give Wiles a rest - at the moment he is offering nothing to the team. I've never really rated him but since he got crocked he doesn't seem to have the same (if any) spark. It's a shame because he genuinely seems a nice lad and he was on the cusp of making a decent living at Burnley if all reports were true.
    Well, it was Warne who was saying that we'd turned it down because 4 million Quid wasn't enough, so I imagine it's true
    We got greedy
    But if we get offered anything we should take it - he's got great skills but no end product in any system we've ever played....
    Maybe at a higher level???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast