+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glove and fist pumping.

Glove and fist pumping.

Give me a f king break!

It drives me absolutely nuts especially in the cricket and tennis.

After EVERY point in the tennis doubles regardless of winning or losing the point.

It’s become expected rather than in football when you see the odd one after a great defensive block for example,spontaneous and unrehearsed.

In tennis it’s become expected.....like you don’t like or love your partner anymore if you don’t do it.

How needy and pathetic.

Cricketers at the end of every over after the batters have met up for a chat.

It looks so f king naff.

If I was playing I’d tell my partner to f u c k off if he offered me his knuckles and I’d laugh at him.

Golfers referring to their performance as “we” also pi ss es me off.

As soon as I see the caddie drive it 400 yards over water and sink a Major winning putt I’ll accept it’s a “we” taking part.

Utter modern day b o l l o x speak.

Another imported Americanism. This Fist pumping BS is right up there with the team group hug and high fives all round

It's not just the golfers. I remember a caddy owning up to saying all the good holes "WE did this or that" all the bad holes "HE did this or that"

I hate it when people start a sentence with "So..."

These people so need a slap or something sharp inserted up their rectum.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Give me a f king break!

It drives me absolutely nuts especially in the cricket and tennis.

After EVERY point in the tennis doubles regardless of winning or losing the point.

It’s become expected rather than in football when you see the odd one after a great defensive block for example,spontaneous and unrehearsed.

In tennis it’s become expected.....like you don’t like or love your partner anymore if you don’t do it.

How needy and pathetic.

Cricketers at the end of every over after the batters have met up for a chat.

It looks so f king naff.

If I was playing I’d tell my partner to f u c k off if he offered me his knuckles and I’d laugh at him.

Golfers referring to their performance as “we” also pi ss es me off.

As soon as I see the caddie drive it 400 yards over water and sink a Major winning putt I’ll accept it’s a “we” taking part.

Utter modern day b o l l o x speak.
    It goes on right down to junior cricket and is I agree bloody annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I hate it when people start a sentence with "So..."

These people so need a slap or something sharp inserted up their rectum.
    I’ve mentioned this on here before Des....I loathe it.

Usually the cool university type “millennials” using it and there was me thinking an education was worth something.

The only time “So” should start a sentence is if the accompanying words are “f king what” in response to something stupid these super cool t w a t s say!!

Lol what a miserable bunch you lot are. So.. you all need to leave Sandwell and broaden your horizons a little. 😄

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Lol what a miserable bunch you lot are. So.. you all need to leave Sandwell and broaden your horizons a little. 😄
    And which beautiful oasis do you reside in compared to the rest of us Regis?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    And which beautiful oasis do you reside in compared to the rest of us Regis?
    I’m just joking guys, the nation is having a heatwave and you guys on here being miserable?
    I’m proud of being brought up in Sandwell, (Greets Green to be precise). I’m sure i’ll be judged if I state where I live now.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I’m just joking guys, the nation is having a heatwave and you guys on here being miserable?
    I’m proud of being brought up in Sandwell, (Greets Green to be precise). I’m sure i’ll be judged if I state where I live now.
    It’s interesting to know where posters reside.

Like when people throw up their arms when people moan about immigrants because they’re living cheek by jowl with them like I was when the Romanians were dumped in huge numbers in Lye when they themselves ( like a cousin of mine ) live in leafy outskirts of Durham where it’s pretty much a non issue.

I moved five miles into rural Worcestershire but not everyone is fortunate to have the chance to do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)