+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever acted or performed on stage?

Have you ever acted or performed on stage?

When I was 11 I got the star part of “The Prince Who Wouldn’t Smile” and absolutely loved it and found it easy to learn my lines.

At 16 I got another major part in a school play but made a complete t w a t of myself by ditching the dress rehearsal to go and watch Albion draw 0-0 with Blackpool the year we got promoted under Giles.

My first ever 0-0 match and a b o l l o c k in g of major proportions at school the following day and a sacking from the play.

A major life lesson though in that I resolved never to purposely let people down again and I never wanted to feel as guilty and awful as I did at that match.

I never acted again but always felt that if I’d gone to stage school it’s a career I’d have enjoyed.

My last effort for a public audience was modelling clothes and underwear ( men’s! ) for a huge ladies audience at the old Kingfisher Club in Kingswinford in the late 80’s of which there’s a video tape somewhere.

Me and my brother in our undies going down the catwalk to S Express pumping out!😎

The most nervous I think I’ve ever been in front of a crowd!

Anyone else had time on stage?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    When I was 11 I got the star part of “The Prince Who Wouldn’t Smile” and absolutely loved it and found it easy to learn my lines.

At 16 I got another major part in a school play but made a complete t w a t of myself by ditching the dress rehearsal to go and watch Albion draw 0-0 with Blackpool the year we got promoted under Giles.

My first ever 0-0 match and a b o l l o c k in g of major proportions at school the following day and a sacking from the play.

A major life lesson though in that I resolved never to purposely let people down again and I never wanted to feel as guilty and awful as I did at that match.

I never acted again but always felt that if I’d gone to stage school it’s a career I’d have enjoyed.

My last effort for a public audience was modelling clothes and underwear ( men’s! ) for a huge ladies audience at the old Kingfisher Club in Kingswinford in the late 80’s of which there’s a video tape somewhere.

Me and my brother in our undies going down the catwalk to S Express pumping out!😎

The most nervous I think I’ve ever been in front of a crowd!

Anyone else had time on stage?
    Mick mate, that just made me spit my tea all over the dining room table! 😂 did you have a pair of socks stuffed down the front?

Gigs obviously. In a band is totally different to being solo which I was for the most part. Haven’t performed live since 2015. Still active writing/recording/producing etc.

Played a part in the school play, Shakespeare's Taming of The Shrew. Earlier I had played one of the Stones in a 'show' put on by the scouts.

Just some school plays at both primary and secondary school. Quite enjoyed them to be honest. Had the opportunity to go for auditions with a theatre company along with a couple of others but none of us went for it. Be it for better or worse life could have turned out very differently. Or maybe not 😊 .

I won a hairy chest competition at Perran's sands when I was 18.

I’ve never been in a play but have been on stage playing music in a group. I played bass for the Ukulele band a couple of weeks back, on the stage at The St.Ives Corn Exchange and the week prior to that on the stage at the Cranford Steam Fair, in the beer tent! In 2019 I was on the stage at The Stables in Wavendon in a band for the Rock Experience, that was a great experience! I love it, I’d play every week if we had the gigs!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Mick mate, that just made me spit my tea all over the dining room table! 😂 did you have a pair of socks stuffed down the front?
    I didn’t actually Dave.

My wife was in the audience so she’d only have outed the lie!😏

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I didn’t actually Dave.

My wife was in the audience so she’d only have outed the lie!😏
    https://youtu.be/GyKXSYgvfPM

Hope that link works

The only time I have acted on a stage was a works Xmas party and we did a pantomime piss take of the management based on a Xmas Carol. It was recorded on video. What I did not know was it was recorded over the previous years party where we all played stupid party games which I did not tell the wife about. I bought the video tape home to show my wife the pantomime. It was Xmas Eve afternoon and we sat watching the tape and laughing at the stupidity of it all. Then the film of the pantomime finished and I just sat there drinking a cup of tea with the wife as the tape went all squiggly as it used to when you had recorded over something. Then slowly the original film of the previous party started to appear on the TV and to my horror and my wife's total fury I appeared on my knees in front of a girl I worked with who was standing in front of me with a polo mint on a straw between her legs and me trying to get the polo mint off the straw with just my mouth and my nose pressed firmly into her chuff. Needless to say my Xmas was screwed well and truly. Even now 30 years later it still get brought up when I am in the Dog House.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)