+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From the horse's mouth!

From the horse's mouth!

Well, that's a metaphor for Dario!

I had a few minutes chatting to him before the match and this is a brief summary of his comments. He said its OK to re-post here. He doesn't read social media!

I paraphrase his comments...

The money is very tight and no board member has taken the Powell money in any loans. Transfer income has repaid loans made TO the club by some directors including himself.

The club is losing half a million a year on year but will be around 700 thousand loss this year. And so the club needs to sell one player a year for half a million(as we knew before anyway).

There is 'some' money available for incoming players but not much. SD is always looking at options.

There is NO pressure on SD's position from WITHIN the club itself. ie the Board.

I asked him whether we could save a lot of money downgrading the academy status to Cat3 etc and he replied that wasn't something they looked at only the bottom line of total income/expenditure of the club.

My though

re: From the horse's mouth!

well the powell money was a while ago
    what about the murphy / wembley / pogba money

i know Dario cant tell Bowler what to do - but bet Hassell tells him what not to say

plus weve released about 10 players off the wage bill
    so why cant we use some of that to offer better wages

to me - get molly out in an exchange deal for 3 months for someone (Anyone else)

maybe accrington have someone they dont need in a position we do

It would appear that the Clayton saga is settled thankfully, no doubt we wont be getting the £1 million the club were hoping for, but better to get the situation resolved and bring some money in.

Dont think DG is very good at maths to Evasive! And saying money Tight ! Well thats one of his favourite words.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin
    Dont think DG is very good at maths to Evasive! And saying money Tight ! Well thats one of his favourite words.

We won yesterday ... did you notice?
    Just wondered what you thought.
    A chance to hear your positive side ... that is of course if you have one ...

Don't hold your breath, Somerset!!

Many positives to take from yesterday's very pleasing victory over our rivals, but only from that first half. Lessons to be learned from the second 45 minutes, I feel. It appears that we now must compete for the whole 90 minutes. Against Rochdale in the league, the Alex outplayed their opponents for the first 20 minutes and could have been at least 3 goals to the good and not just the one. Then they took their foot off the pedal and allowed the Dale to demolish us. Against the Vale, Crewe could easily have been 4 goals up during that entertaining and industrious first half, although after the break, it was a different story. If it had not been for the heroics of Ben Garratt, I reckon that we would have been complaining once again and not have left the ground in such good spirits at the final whistle.

So my point is this. Yes, the fans can be happy with the three well deserved points which will hopefully be a platform to kick-start our season. However, that does not necessari

We need to eliminate the mistakes that keep costing us goals. It was a silly challenge that gave away the penalty and spoiled what was otherwise a good display by George Ray

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe

We won yesterday ... did you notice?
    Just wondered what you thought.
    A chance to hear your positive side ... that is of course if you have one ... [/quote]

No somerset, his team lost

Thanks Mike - very interesting. Clayton will sign for Bolton for £300k with a heap of add-ons and a hefty sell-on percentage.

Glad to just see the back of him and have closure on this sorry saga.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast