+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warne is a bottler

Warne is a bottler

I have attracted criticism so I am going to spell this out. For several seasons I have said PW has good qualities BUT he lacks self belief and in tough situations he will always bottle it. And if the manager bottles it so do the team. People say you can't be a Miller and say that. Rubbish. To lose today at home leading against ten men was a disgrace. No top manager would allow it. Pathetic. I now think the wheels will come off as they did when only Covid and PPG saved us. If we do not go up this season and Warne keeps his job it will be a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I have attracted criticism so I am going to spell this out. For several seasons I have said PW has good qualities BUT he lacks self belief and in tough situations he will always bottle it. And if the manager bottles it so do the team. People say you can't be a Miller and say that. Rubbish. To lose today at home leading against ten men was a disgrace. No top manager would allow it. Pathetic. I now think the wheels will come off as they did when only Covid and PPG saved us. If we do not go up this season and Warne keeps his job it will be a farce.
    Did Warne bottle the big games in the play off semis and finals x2? Seemed to me that those games called for huge amounts of bottle and management class.

Everyone fully entitled to their opinion after such a huge disappointment and the mindset of the players in setting out for the second half ultimately is the manager's responsibility but it seems some on here are again hedging their bets quite safely: predicting we will blow it so they are set to say "I told you so" with gusto if it goes boobz up, but will of course, as fans, be happy if we pull through. Both ways you win. Safe but a little bit brattish really.

You personally, only 2 weeks ago were saying you had got Warne wrong and you apologise etc weren't you? As my beloved wife would say: "pick a ****ing lane mate ffs!"

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Wendy, darling, you have made some recent postings that started me thinking that I might have misjudged you and your earlier rantings.

This stuff just reassures me that I was right in the first instance. This is a genuine question, just so that I can understand where you're coming from; are you bipolar?

I don’t think Warne is a bottler but I do think that he and his players struggle with pressure. I was about to give examples but everyone can see this.

For the record, I still think Warne is the best man for the job.

Don't think it's fair to blame a mental illness on his sh*t.
    He's obviously just an attention seeking tw*t.

Warnes not a bottler but sometimes I think he’s too cautious. Overhaul he’s doing a good job .

This game has gone. We ALL got it wrong.

I believe the set up, particularly, the bench was too defensive. We had no plan B for falling behind. From a supporters side, we must take some responsibility. In spite of Paul Warne’s plea for us to be the 12th man we didn’t do that on Saturday. Our demands are too high. We must give this team 100% support an be that 12th man, particularly at home as the away followings are terrific.
    That said, we must give credit to MK. They are a fine team. Now let’s move on.

I think we are all guilty of taking promotion for granted but there is a long way to go and some tough games for all teams.
    We are all guilty of over confidence and we must regard this as a reality check and keep 100% behind the team. Now is not the time for negativity or working out who we will need next season. That will come soon enough.
    If we spread the negativity or continue complacency we will get punished, so mark this down as a blip. We have key players coming back so we can do it. We have come too far to throw this away.
    Let’s all be Rotherham UNITED!!

Well said Nardendee

The defence went sleepy second half. Not warnes fault. Bit of a sickener but bear in mind they havent lost away since november. The are a good side. Its how we respond now that matters. Need a professional performance at wycombe

First time I’ve seen The Millers in the flesh for 3 years and thoroughly enjoyed it despite the result. Players looked a bit tired and that’s understandable after month upon month of hard slog.
    The stadium is magnificent and I only wish that I could be there regularly…you are a lucky bunch, so enjoy every second.
    Special thanks to Colin, head of security for a memorable experience and to the away fans for making Mrs Sota laugh with the abusive chants, I did warn her lol
    UTM

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast