+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So now we know who we will play next season

So now we know who we will play next season

Any thoughts on how we will do ? Grounds you want to visit ? Grounds you don't want to visit ?
    Hopefully mid table finish ,
    Looking forward to Preston , Blackburn away
    QPR never again , been too many times , only seen us get 1 point ,
    Derby away ? Only 50 mins on train so a maybe ,
    A think we will do well next season

Time to put our big boys trousers on and take the feckers on .

Ditch the inferiority complex , we've got a good young group , for now that is and a superb coach .

80 years at this level , we ain't Burton Albion or Yeovil .

Aim for the play offs , why not we were on the verge two years ago .

Get off to a good start and who knows where we could go with the momentum from last season .

If some of the top championship clubs want our players then what does that tell you ?

No fear and I'm certain Stendel and the lads will be more than ok just as long as the silly feckers upstairs don't have other motives .

Respect the league but don't fear it .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 27-05-2019 at 07:37 PM.

I'd be happy stopping up. Tough division. From what I've seen of us we can go in there and give it a right go with no fear. Some of our players will have a point to prove to themselves having been relegated last time art in this division. They're all that bit wiser this time which will help enormously. We aren't lacking in physicality either for a young squad and we'll need to use it. Who knows what could happen? It's a quality division and our lads will have to be at the top of their game every week. Victories can't really be pinched at this level, the opposition have too much quality to let us off the hook if we're not quite at it and concede chances.

Closest to me Al be Reading, so I'll go that, Bristol, Fulham, Brentford, Charlton, Millwall and Cardiff, Brum teams maybe, and I've made it up wi ar Mam, so hopefully get to 10 home games. And Leeds away, lost most my teeth this last Yr, so I may as well go Elland Rd.

In my opinion, unpopular as it often is, I think we will finish bottom six and our aim will be to avoid relegation which is 50/50 fo me. I say it now to avoid it being said, "It's o'reyt thee saying that with the benefit of hindsight" late next season.

We are presently in the euphoria stage from gaining promotion (from a disappointingly poor and uncompetitive Third Division) with a charismatic coach but that doesn't mask for me the totally different level of quality we will face next season.

My present view could change if. in their fourth transfer window, the owners bring in two or three Championship experienced players, one of whom can lead on the pitch when we are 1-0 down at Middlesboro on a cold Tuesday night. Opposition strikers will take the chances Third Division strikers missed, defenders will be stronger, faster and more intelligent. I have said before I only regard Woodrow and Pinnock as consistent Championship performers, others will have the occasional good game but generally struggle against the top two thirds of clubs in this league. Some will be out of their depth at this level.

If Stendel pulls off anything like a mid table finish he will be the new Messiah.

And yes, I'm looking forrad to supporting the Reds next season and hope they shuv these words darn mi throwit.

Yours,
    A realist.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Any thoughts on how we will do ? Grounds you want to visit ? Grounds you don't want to visit ?
    Hopefully mid table finish ,
    Looking forward to Preston , Blackburn away
    QPR never again , been too many times , only seen us get 1 point ,
    Derby away ? Only 50 mins on train so a maybe ,
    A think we will do well next season
    Looking forwards to West Brom’s ground, not been for years

Barnsley ( and no doubt the Blades) bookies favourite to finish bottom. Probably because your last 10 seasons in the Championship have seen you finish 17th or below, ( usually around 20/21), apart from one season when you finished 14th

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Barnsley ( and no doubt the Blades) bookies favourite to finish bottom. Probably because your last 10 seasons in the Championship have seen you finish 17th or below, ( usually around 20/21), apart from one season when you finished 14th
    Not that good at forecasting eh Wardy?

"Good luck Rams. Feel in my old Blades bones that you are going to do this" [/quote]

Based on your last 10 seasons at Champ. level and the bookies. Pretty sure we’ll go down as I’m realistic but reading that «*play offs*» is a realistic target for Barnsley shows how delusional some of your fans are. Last 10 seasons in the Championship and not one finish higher than 14th. How was that “almost play offs” ?

And I was just flanneling Derby fans.

And your six (6) seasons in league one ? 3rd division , how does that fit into your basis of your team, over the last 10 seasons ? Perrenial Play off Losers too , Keep the Faith Lad ope tha dun't live in Shiregreen ? Erditts murdra rarnd theer

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast