+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Southwell City 3-1 Keyworth United

O/T:- Southwell City 3-1 Keyworth United

This week's blog also covering Notts County v Bromley:

https://stickypalms.blogspot.com/202...th-united.html

Great result yesterday, folks :-)

Cheers
    Last edited by SwalePie; 31-10-2021 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Fixed Off Topic prefix

Quote Originally Posted by The Groundhopper View Post
    This week's blog also covering Notts County v Bromley:

https://stickypalms.blogspot.com/202...th-united.html

Great result yesterday, folks :-)

Cheers
    Good read again, but two minor complaints:

You said "The Pies will be disappointed to have only taken one point and now have a tough away fixture at Grimsby Town's Blundell Park on Saturday". Tough away fixture? We all knew it would be a walk in the park.

You said "I watch the second half of QPR v Forest. The Tricky Trees look to be heading for a narrow defeat until a Jack Colback deflected shot flies into the net. I punch the air from my armchair." I would have punched the armchair rather than the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Good read again, but two minor complaints:

You said "The Pies will be disappointed to have only taken one point and now have a tough away fixture at Grimsby Town's Blundell Park on Saturday". Tough away fixture? We all knew it would be a walk in the park.

You said "I watch the second half of QPR v Forest. The Tricky Trees look to be heading for a narrow defeat until a Jack Colback deflected shot flies into the net. I punch the air from my armchair." I would have punched the armchair rather than the air.
    I did say to a guy on the way out that I fancied Notts at Grimsby. I was pleased for my lad that Forest nicked a point at QPR. Thanks for reading them mate.

I did say to a guy on the way out that I fancied Notts at Grimsby. I was pleased for my lad that Forest nicked a point at QPR. Thanks for reading them mate.
    Please keep them coming because I always enjoy reading them, but my glasses have an inbuilt anti-red feature.

Good read, shame about the beer.

I spent the first 18 years of my life in Southwell so I was very surprised to hear that City are no longer going to be playing at the memorial ground. Where are they moving to? Their clubhouse was the bastion of under age drinking for me in my youth and I had my first and last ever school fight on the park there in the tree line you picture ( I took a beating for what its worth!). I dont have many connections to the town anymore since my parents moved but still have a couple of mates who live in the surrounding villages.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I spent the first 18 years of my life in Southwell so I was very surprised to hear that City are no longer going to be playing at the memorial ground. Where are they moving to? Their clubhouse was the bastion of under age drinking for me in my youth and I had my first and last ever school fight on the park there in the tree line you picture ( I took a beating for what its worth!). I dont have many connections to the town anymore since my parents moved but still have a couple of mates who live in the surrounding villages.
    They're moving to Brinkley where a lot of the kids teams play. War Memorial Ground will stage junior games still. Plan for the first team is to progress up the football Pyramid.

They're moving to Brinkley where a lot of the kids teams play. War Memorial Ground will stage junior games still. Plan for the first team is to progress up the football Pyramid.
    Cheers

There were always issues with the playing surface there as its next to the park. Dog dirt etc. Probably ok for a Sunday morning clog but definitely not good enough for much more.

QP.

Great read as usual.