+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isted

Isted

How good a start has this lad made ? I cannot say how impressed I am with Isted , the lad appears to be as solid as a rock but the main thing that impresses me is his catching ability , he comes for the ball & catches with supreme confidence & he has displayed excellent judgement when under pressure , early days yet but I think he could well have a big say in the run in , he is out of contract in the summer & I think he has already shown enough for the club to try nailing him down for us .

Dare I say an upgrade on Collins .

First game live since September, TV doesn’t always show a great angle as regards height, and my first thoughts were he isn’t tall enough……. By God did he prove me wrong at catching and collecting the ball. Today he was my man of the match. Hope there’s a clause in the deal.

Has Collins got a medium/ long term injury ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Has Collins got a medium/ long term injury ?
    He has a reported muscle injury I believe & Duff said it would be approx 4 to 6 weeks , that was a couple of weeks ago do probably looking at another month.

Thank you Shads.

I can't see Collins getting his shirt back once fit again if Isted continues with this kind of form I really can't .

On balance both Collins and Isted have strengths and weaknesses. Isted comes for crosses where Collins is reluctant. Collins is better with his feet imo and does a more convincing job acting as 'sweeper'. Both are good shot stoppers.

Competition for places is always healthy and Collins probably needed it

Maybe a bit early to compare the two.

Collins was a key part as a sweeper in the Ismael Hoofball System allowing us to squeeze the game up to the half way line as the ball was launched forward. His sh1thousery and time wasting had no equal that season. He was up against it last season.

The sample size for Isted is too small at present to judge a keeper.

For me tha picks the goalkeeper in form and to be fair Collins was a bit ropey those last couple of games before he dropped out of the team through injury .

Maybe he was carrying that injury and it affected his form but none the less he wasn't at his best .

Isted has taken his opportunity and the best accolade I can give is that the lad has slotted in to the team perfectly and Collins hasn't been missed .

Tough on Collins if he doesn't get back in but that's how it is with goalkeepers the same as when Walton dropped out of the team and Collins was the beneficiary .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast