+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Albion v Aresenal 70/71

Albion v Aresenal 70/71

I WUZ THERE albeit as a very small boy with his dad at the back of the brummie end - never really saw anything - all I remember was the sound of the constant kicking of the corrugated metal behind me

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    I WUZ THERE albeit as a very small boy with his dad at the back of the brummie end - never really saw anything - all I remember was the sound of the constant kicking of the corrugated metal behind me
    HI, these games and memories would be lost without Chriss's VHS recordings and downloads.

Remember this game well. Decent side we had then. Colin Suggett - never mentioned much but one of my favourite players. Memory serves me right - this was the week after the famous 2-1 win at Leeds ….

Would love to see highlights of Albion 3-3 Wolves - the week before the League Cup final we lost to City. My first Albion live game. Don’t know whether you can oblige Chris - have searched myself and can’t find it.

Loved the football and the players from the 60’s and 70’s, proper players unlike todays over paid nancy boys diving and cheating, proper football not this boring sideways and backwards crap and most importantly proper admission prices, you didn’t need a second mortgage for a season ticket

Really enjoyed watching that and brought back some great childhood memories! The pitches were c rap, the balls heavier, sports "nutrition" and"science" in its infancy and few players were paid a decent wage but despite all these things this was the era of "proper" football before greed and too much money ruined the game. Thanks for posting 👍

I have to agree that the game was much more entertaining and exciting back then. I stopped going because I found the game boring and the players divas. I thought it was me growing out of the things I loved.
    But watching these clips it isn't me, it is the game that has changed. So boring today, football is all about scoring goals not cancelling out the opposition.
    Also notice the connection between the fans and players, down to earth players not like today's millionaires who think we owe them a living.
    Today we are told to sit down and behave.
    I rarely watch football now, it's all about who has the richest owner nothing to do with scouting and youth policy.

For decent clips of past teams see you tube videos entitled ‘ On this day’ loads of videos, some great players on show, there are several Albion goals mixed in that I have never seen before, all vids last around 10 mins or so, well worth a watch

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Same here. Hard to see anything. Great times though.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)