+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Potch

Potch

In line with what was said on other thread about new owners contacting agents of a few players:

Now, these people are usually **** however, they have got a few things right in regards to takeover before other press announcements - could easily be lucky guesses but who knows.

If it was true - i'd be happy with him taking over.

Man, I'd be over the moon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Man, I'd be over the moon!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ly3Pygqp3w

here's what Tifo / The Athletic say about why it's all gone wrong for Potch @ Spurs.

Interesting insight into what the players say.

Whats the sum up?

He's stubborn, works then like a dog in training, expect the team to be at 100% energy, pressing and closing down in training and all matches.

After 5 yrs and not winning anything with the same group; not adding fresh blood and cycling the older / unhappy / unsettled players out saw the squad stagnate.

Obvs if we're going to be run properly like City or Liverpool, with a real board focused on the football development of youth and the maintaining the squad then we won't be subject to stagnation.

So I'm not overly concerned as Spurs are chokers to the core and always have been.

Potch might be perfect, time will tell. Let's get the New owners feet under the desk and then we can start to smug it up and gloat.

Would rather have a manager who has won plenty ie Allegri but if we cant get him in Poch would be a good 2nd choice

Allegri has a great record in Italy, he has never managed outside of Italy which ain't the Prem. Also let's face it any of us could manage Juve to the title - they are still paying Referees and have a squad almost twice as expensive as their nearest competitor.

I personally like the young guy at RB Leipzig Julian Nagelsmann, however I think he's one for the future.

Poch is the right manage for the next 3-4 seasons of transition; to make us competitive once again.

Focus our efforts on Possibly winning the FA cup of League cup - anything just get hold of some silverware, get the stink off our back!

Then in a few years look at someone like Allegri when the squad is stocked with 'A' list players.

I understand the thinking of bringing in someone who has won things but Klopp hadn't won anything until he arrive at Liverpool.

Horses for courses. Poch is gonna be doubly determined to set the record straight and also will want vengeance on the filthy Spudz which I'm not mad at TBH.

However I guess time will tell bonny lads and lasses!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Allegri has a great record in Italy, he has never managed outside of Italy which ain't the Prem. Also let's face it any of us could manage Juve to the title - they are still paying Referees and have a squad almost twice as expensive as their nearest competitor.

I personally like the young guy at RB Leipzig Julian Nagelsmann, however I think he's one for the future.

Poch is the right manage for the next 3-4 seasons of transition; to make us competitive once again.

Focus our efforts on Possibly winning the FA cup of League cup - anything just get hold of some silverware, get the stink off our back!

Then in a few years look at someone like Allegri when the squad is stocked with 'A' list players.

I understand the thinking of bringing in someone who has won things but Klopp hadn't won anything until he arrive at Liverpool.

Horses for courses. Poch is gonna be doubly determined to set the record straight and also will want vengeance on the filthy Spudz which I'm not mad at TBH.

However I guess time will tell bonny lads and lasses!
    Disagree with you on Allegri. It's always an advantage having worked with top players and he's actually, mostly, succeeded in keeping the big players motivated and happy.

If an investor coming here is looking to bring the big names, we need someone with experience in handling these types of players.

Also, I happen to like his tactics if not more than just as much as Pocchetino's (who also plays some great football).

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Disagree with you on Allegri. It's always an advantage having worked with top players and he's actually, mostly, succeeded in keeping the big players motivated and happy.

If an investor coming here is looking to bring the big names, we need someone with experience in handling these types of players.

Also, I happen to like his tactics if not more than just as much as Pocchetino's (who also plays some great football).
    Appreciate your opinion Hughie G - that's why I enjoy being on this site, apart from the few pro Ashley d!ckheds, they know who they are!

Getting to hear a difference of opinion and have a few laughs.

Best wishes bonny lads and lasses have a great day!

If Poch brings Harry Kane with him id take him over Allegri Despite Having a fantastic squad he won nothing thats my only concern with him, he plays great football but we need a winner in charge and Allegri ticks all the boxes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)