+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You can never buy class!

You can never buy class!

Man City. ****ing ****ers.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelowen View Post
    Man City. ****ing ****ers.
    I'm just reading about it now before work. I cannot believe the team Man City put out. It's a disgrace, it's a cup that let's face it none of the big teams are really that ar5ed about. But for managers like Pep they just want as much fun(king silverware as they can get there hands on. What a chance for them to field all there reserves and a good bunch of there youngsters but they prefer to pick that team and completely embarass a league 1 side. I don't think the top 6 should be aloud in that cup. They have Europe the fa cup and the league. Let the rest of us and lower leagues battle it out for at least one trophy for Fu(k sake. Because if it's getting to the point where these teams are even fielded in this cup against league one teams, then Nobody really has a chance of winning the cup outside the top six.

I know they had reserves in by the way but my god it was still a quality team. Still a team that would finish top four in the prem. They could of had half youngsters half there reserves that never get a look in but they played there best reserves mixed with some of there best first teamers De Bruyne, Silva, Sane even Jesus is world class. But I suppose you could look at it a different way and say if they did put the youngsters in people would say they are disrespecting the cup and opposition.

To sum up they have some fantastic players with an abundance of talent but absolutely no class in the significant sense.

Phuck me.... managers get slated when they dont play their strongest team EVERY week....

Man city are pros.... they played the game professionally.... it might not taste nice.... but that is what flavour it is.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Phuck me.... managers get slated when they dont play their strongest team EVERY week....

Man city are pros.... they played the game professionally.... it might not taste nice.... but that is what flavour it is.
    So your happy for them to play there World class teams even through a less significant cup? Giving know one else much chance at all of ever winning anything. Nah Fu(k that something needs doing about it. There has to be at least one competition where teams like ourselves and others around us have a little chance of winning. I also wouldn't say by putting a world class team out and winning 9-0 against a league one side is being professional.

I would say its their perogative to do this - they buy the players and pay their huge wages. Why shouldn't they try in all cups? They pay for the right to do so by having a big squad - Ashley could too if he chose so why should they give any quarter to anyone else - especially cheapskate clubs?

I actually don't even think its possible for City to put out a weak team even if they wanted to, however, 9 nil seems a bit like the bully finding the smallest kid in the class to slap.

I would have instructed the team to ease up after 4 or 5 so maybe the fault lies with Pep himself for not doing this.

Professional - yes
    Within their rights to do it - yes
    Classy - no
    Do I really give a fk - no

It was totally professional.... it was the most professional thing they could do. It may have lacked class and respect.... but, it was 100% professional.

If our club was as professional as they are, I would be phucking delighted.

Keegan used to go full strength and put 7 past teams like notts county and 5 past Bristol city in 2nd legs of the league cup, after winning by 3 or 4 in the 1st leg. We used to love it.

Antwerp were ****ted by 5 in each leg....

City have scored 16 in 2 games.... we have scored 17 ALL season.

I know which team has p155ed me off the most.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)