+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: HARD TO STOMACH!

HARD TO STOMACH!

After that effort today i seriously reckon we would struggle to beat Celtic Nation?
    Sad times

re: HARD TO STOMACH!

I concur! Been to see Carlisle play four times this season, due to work and being an exile. In those games I've watched them concede 19 goals and score 2. Sometimes they started well playing some nice football, be it mostly toothless with no attacking threat really. When they concede they collapse mentally. They are nowhere near strong enough physically and when things go nervy- get too easily bullied off the ball. I've heard time and again from loan signings that Carlisle try to do things/play the right way that's why they came here- I'm afraid not Carlisle play the wrong way for this league. From what I've seen we deserve to go down. I sincerely hope we don't but you can't argue with how abysmal we have been and the sad thing is I think league 2 will probably be harder physically and we don't have the cash to get the players needed throughout the side to compete.

The writing was on the wall from day 1, And it's got worse, When other team's at the bottom were stringing a few result's together we could'nt. You get what you deserve in this world and were getting it Relegation and deservedly so...

I think the first few minutes of most games, we string a couple of passes together, we never really threaten defences going forward, or when we do, the product is dire.

We need to maintain a culture of attacking football, drop the target man approach - it's predictable and nobody in the current squad runs off the big striker. Lewis guy done it for half hour, but hadn't really been given another chance too. I think if we end up in L2, he may get a few goals.

The worrying part for me is that there seems to be no appreciation for the fans from the board. We get the claps from they players, but only really Brad Potts and Sean O'Hanlon look like they mean it.

It would be great to watch some positive attacking footballs - that we've been teased with in some matches.

The telling thing is the crowd numbers, about 4,500 home fans for a must win home game.

when we played Millwall in 2008, was 9,000 home fans, when we played Cheltenham in 2004 was 9,000 home fans, when we played Bournemouth 2003 was 8,000 home fans, heck when we played Darlo in 2000 in that god-awful 39 points somehow survived season was still 6,000 home fans.

I personally say good riddance to League One, the crowds speak for themselves, this approach the last 2 years of 'survive at all costs' has done enormous damage to the club which it may take years to recover from.

I don't understand this portion of the fanbase who happily will accept staying in L1 even if we have to sacrifice Enjoyment, passion and pride from the club which is what we have done the last 2 years...i'd rather plod about non-league if it meant you can actually look forward to home games again and not know you'll get some passionless boring, dull tedious 'hope for the points' approach.

worry is that huge dent to

I think we all knew when Russ got another 12 month contract the directors had no ambition to try and rectify the situation, And it nailed that theory on when they appointed his understudy...

BFD,that's one of the main reasons I stopped going to games a few years ago. The football on show was dire. They were winning more games than they lost but there was no enjoyment watching it. The rot set in years ago and its no surprise the club is where it finds itself today.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)