+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stendel says

Stendel says

Stendel says squad strong enough WITHOUT ANY JANUARY ADDITIONS that says a lot for me I wonder what will happen if they sell anybody out of a already under strength squad the mind boggles

In Goat We Trust.

He won't leave us short simply to balance the books.

If we fall victim to injuries it'll be difficult to maintain our challenge. Stendel has obviously been told to get on with it and work wi what he's got. If we fall short and fail to get promoted it'll be the German who probably gets all the flack off most. Others at the club remain seemingly untouchable despite their decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    If we fall victim to injuries it'll be difficult to maintain our challenge. Stendel has obviously been told to get on with it and work wi what he's got. If we fall short and fail to get promoted it'll be the German who probably gets all the flack off most. Others at the club remain seemingly untouchable despite their decisions.
    Totally agree. However, as fans we've known how we roll for a few years now. I hate it too. We just have to get on with it.

True he as said he's happy with what he's got.
    Never heard him say i'm not going add to the squad or anyone's leaving.
    Remenber his English is not very good ( I think Roma should go and give him a few lessons )

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Totally agree. However, as fans we've known how we roll for a few years now. I hate it too. We just have to get on with it.

I wouldn't say I hate it Steve, hate is a strong word and not one I like to ever use. Losing players is never fun and neither is the fact that we've never had cash to splash but is part and parcel of being a Reds fan. It can be frustrating as hell sometimes, especially when you sense imminent success and then the rug gets pulled from under you as in January 2017 but we're a defiant bunch and when the success comes nar and ageeun it makes it all that bit more special in my opinion

They could have splashed the cash with what theve received from players sold but they DIDN'T

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    They could have splashed the cash with what theve received from players sold but they DIDN'T

That's obviously an issue Dools and tha absolutely reight what tha sayin. Weeriva most o that money went it certainly weren't all reinvested int squad that's fo sure. Thy guess is as good as mine at end ot day

We should be happy with the squad- we’re 4th! My concern is injuries/suspensions- we looked very light up front when Kieffer & Cauley were injured- too much to ask of Jacob & Victor as the moment. Back up keeper would help.

On the pyschological side of things. What Stendel is saying after 3 wins and 2 draws against teams around you in table is a massive confidence boost for his players.

Gives a good message he's happy to go into second half of season with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast