+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hardy needs to start listening

Hardy needs to start listening

Whilst I have little doubt AH is doing his best, after 2 years of his ownership we are in a virtually indentical position on the pitch as we were the day he bought it. We have new carpets, a nicer home changing room etc, but staff morale is no better, the team is poor, the prognosis is equally poor. Unless he starts to take serious note of the few people left with any idea of how to run a football club then it will be more luck than judgement if we survive in League 2 this season. Paul Hart knows his way around a football club, he must be allowed to dictate the direction. If AH continues with his deluded belief that he knows best, we are in trouble. Kewell was his idea, when no one else thought it right for NCFC, let’s hope bringing back Nolan, which now looks likely, is as successful it was the first time he took over. Fingers crossed!

I’m afraid if he brings back Kevin Nolan he wouldn’t have listened to anybody.

He probably doesnt want to Be paying 3 managers wages. So Nolan is likely. If he had more money, it would be a different outcome....

Quote Originally Posted by meadowpainless View Post
    Whilst I have little doubt AH is doing his best, after 2 years of his ownership we are in a virtually indentical position on the pitch as we were the day he bought it. We have new carpets, a nicer home changing room etc, but staff morale is no better, the team is poor, the prognosis is equally poor. Unless he starts to take serious note of the few people left with any idea of how to run a football club then it will be more luck than judgement if we survive in League 2 this season. Paul Hart knows his way around a football club, he must be allowed to dictate the direction. If AH continues with his deluded belief that he knows best, we are in trouble. Kewell was his idea, when no one else thought it right for NCFC, let’s hope bringing back Nolan, which now looks likely, is as successful it was the first time he took over. Fingers crossed!
    Actually, I read a report recently suggesting that Kewell was Jason Turner's choice, but obviously Hardy went along with it, so ultimately it's his responsibility.

Ultimately, Alan Hardy can get involved in the football side as much as he wants, because he owns the club outright, but I would hope he realises that the best way to protect his investment is to at least get advice from the football people around him, even if the final choices are his.

The problem with maintaining a profile as high as Alan does is that you obviously then become the target of criticism when things are going badly. If he appoints Hurst, he would probably be wise to take a step back from the limelight and let the new manager and Director of Football be the voices for the club.

I often look at Steve Gibson at Middlesbrough as the ideal role model for a football club owner/chairman. People know he's been the chairman of Boro' for many years and he's done a good job keeping that club stable, but he doesn't crave the limelight and get bogged down in social media.
    Last edited by jackal2; 18-11-2018 at 05:08 PM.

I'm afraid the OP is contemplating a situation he has no knowledge of. Who's to say who Hardy listens to or that Hart knows his way round a football club well enough to 'dictate direction'?
    Although I do think that some of the players should have been involved in deciding on the new manager. The best interview I can recall for a new headteacher involved the chair of governors and a panel of serving teachers.

Jason has zero influence over recruiting, zero. Hardy calls the shots. As you say it’s his prerogative, but as you also say, if he wants to protect his investment, he had better start listening!

Quote Originally Posted by meadowpainless View Post
    Jason has zero influence over recruiting, zero. Hardy calls the shots. As you say it’s his prerogative, but as you also say, if he wants to protect his investment, he had better start listening!
    May we take it you are privy to such information & sit in on the interviews.

I agree he maybe needs to take more time in certain areas but I'm at a loss as to who he is meant to be listening to?