+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The king is dead, long live the king

The king is dead, long live the king

So, now that we’ve been put out of our misery comes the fun part: guessing who our next boss will be.

Thankfully the Reedtz got us off the managerial roundabout of appointing journeyman managers, so it’s nigh-on impossible to predict who the next head coach will be.

For no logical reason, I think we might go continental - maybe a Danish coach? Going to be a fun ride, and thankfully there’s no game tomorrow so we have a bit of time. Can’t imagine we’ll have someone in place by the Grimsby game, but maybe Stockport on the 20th?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    So, now that we’ve been put out of our misery comes the fun part: guessing who our next boss will be.

Thankfully the Reedtz got us off the managerial roundabout of appointing journeyman managers, so it’s nigh-on impossible to predict who the next head coach will be.

For no logical reason, I think we might go continental - maybe a Danish coach? Going to be a fun ride, and thankfully there’s no game tomorrow so we have a bit of time. Can’t imagine we’ll have someone in place by the Grimsby game, but maybe Stockport on the 20th?
    If he signs a contract and sticks by it, he will get my vote.

Don't think there is any point guessing. No one got the last 2. Hope Durham keeps quiet this time😂

Think outside the box:

The king is dead, long live the Queen.

Bo Svensson is Danish, plays the same style as LW too.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Don't think there is any point guessing. No one got the last 2. Hope Durham keeps quiet this time��
    On Flight Radar 24 this morning a privately owned lear jet landed at EMA from Denmark..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    On Flight Radar 24 this morning a privately owned lear jet landed at EMA from Denmark..
    It's not the same jet that landed during Munto?😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    If he signs a contract and sticks by it, he will get my vote.
    I love it how you suddenly find a bit of morality in this case, but fully supported a Prime Minister who spent his whole career lying and cheating!

Im not really bothered tbh.
    As i have said many times its the owners and their blue print that have laed to success. I think LW benefited from a really good set up, he had no hand in signing the players that ultimately got us promotion, ie Langstaff and Scotts 60 goals, even average managers can motivate very good players quite easily. Also LW form recently has not been great, could he have sorted it out, we will never know.
    Seems like Notts County have raised the profile of rookie managers, first Burchnall and now Williams
    That being said fair play to LW, he was never going to turn down an opputunity to manage a club like Swansea and i wish him well. and as far as Notts are concerned, the owners will find another Coach to lead the team and blueprint, and players they have chosen

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I love it how you suddenly find a bit of morality in this case, but fully supported a Prime Minister who spent his whole career lying and cheating!
    He's like a broken record except both sides are the same. Sure he'd never call for Notts to break a contract of a manager if they had lost 10 on the bounce...

I personally would like the brothers to shelf their long term vision plans until May - use the compensation to attract someone of established calibre that has a presence on a short term deal incentivised by promotion.

It's going to be a whole lot easier this season than without Langstaff and McGoldrick another year older.

Who that is? I'm sure I don't know. I certainly won't qualm if it's an U23 coach making a step up or someone from lower down the pyramid. Just think there's still half a season and about 17 other teams would swap places with us in the league. Momentum is everything and if someone comes in and doesn't impress the players I can see this season fizzling out awfully quickly.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast