+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Said

Well Said

Sick to death of these feckers getting the club in bother and speaking for me,politics or religion should never be near a football ground IMO.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...l-beer-8623246

Not a fan of the Green Brigade then Sevvy . The best thing the Celtic fans can do is.. Get right behind their team and help them hammer the Israeli team into the ground, And I hope they do !

Agree with you 100%. No way should politics or religion have anything to do with sport. I really hope the tiny minority of Celtic fans that want to make a point don't do it at the game so don't ruin it for the other fans or the club.
    With such a big support though it has the potential for something to happen.
    Always remember a billboard inside Dens park on the run up to the independence referendum saying something like "Dundee and Dundee United fans in support of Scottish independence. Sorry get that to phuck out of a football ground. And I would be saying the same thing if it was in support of the Union.
    I emailed the club who replied that the board was not owned by them and they only got rent for it. Surely to phuck they could say what it is not allowed to advertise i.e anything religious or political.

Anyway let's hope the Celtic fans behave and keep their political views to themselves

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Not a fan of the Green Brigade then Sevvy . The best thing the Celtic fans can do is.. Get right behind their team and help them hammer the Israeli team into the ground, And I hope they do !

I'm a big fan of them Stewarty, when they stick to football i think they bring a fantastic amount of colour and noise to the game, and some of their displays were a joy to behold, it's just that I can't be doing with the politics, we all have our political views mostly, but I would never dream of advertising the fact at a football ground, my views on the poppy debacle are well known even though I'm still being told by certain folk on here that I backed it, which brings the " speaking for me " bit into it.

Morning Bodie, A quick question do you see the waving of the Union flag and the Irish tri-colour at matches political ? And if so should they be banned ?

We've already had enough anti-Jewish bigotry and racism from the yahoo in the past few days to know how the wind is blowing.

I think Celtic should be worried, they could be in line for yet another fine form UEFA. This time it could be as high as £2.39

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Morning Bodie, A quick question do you see the waving of the Union flag and the Irish tri-colour at matches political ? And if so should they be banned ?
    Morning . No I don't see either as political. The tri-colour is waved by Celtic fans who are proud of their Irish roots and history. And the Union flag is mainly flown by Rangers fans but I have seen many other teams fans fly it. It is the flag of the Union that we live in so there is nothing political at all of being proud to wave it just as it is not political to wave a Saltire at the football.

Do you find either political Stewarty ?

Question for IQ ....Is everybody who criticizes Israel an anti-Semite?

My neighbours have taken both their Saltire and Palestinian flags down from their back garden

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie80 View Post
    Morning . No I don't see either as political. The tri-colour is waved by Celtic fans who are proud of their Irish roots and history. And the Union flag is mainly flown by Rangers fans but I have seen many other teams fans fly it. It is the flag of the Union that we live in so there is nothing political at all of being proud to wave it just as it is not political to wave a Saltire at the football.

Do you find either political Stewarty ?
    I think it probably is Bodie, It has more to do with Northern Ireland than Scotland. So by definition it is political.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)