+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Question for Cricket Fans [Ashes Related]

O/T:- Question for Cricket Fans [Ashes Related]

I've just watched a short video clip on the BBC website, where members of the England cricket team were asked to pick a member of the Aussie team to play for England.

Personally I have no interest in cricket, but I thought this may be a bit of a talking point for the NCM cricket lovers.

Who would you pick from the Aussie team to play for England for the remainder of the Ashes series? (One player only.)

Nathan Lyon to fill the gap we have in the spin department.

Gotta be Lyon as a spinner, bringing Moeen Ali back smacked of desperation by England.

Lyon is a great and obvious shout. If not for this Ashes its Usman Khawaja, in a position we have struggled in for some time. He would replace Crawley.

Cummins

Has to be Lyon

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Gotta be Lyon as a spinner, bringing Moeen Ali back smacked of desperation by England.
    Does it? Or is it symptomatic of bigger problems in the County game? Just an FYI they are using Kookaburra balls for a couple of rounds to make it harder for 75mph seamers to take wickets.