+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The next two matches

The next two matches

Potentially massive as far as the season goes. It would lay down a marker if we can get 6 points.

If we can go on a decent unbeaten/winning run from the start of the season this will feel very different to our first 2 seasons down here playing catch-up.

Saturday 28th August 15:00
    NATIONAL LEAGUE
    Notts County v Torquay United

Monday 30th August 19:30
    NATIONAL LEAGUE
    Wrexham v Notts County

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Saturday 28th August 15:00
    NATIONAL LEAGUE
    Notts County v Torquay United

Monday 30th August 19:30
    NATIONAL LEAGUE
    Wrexham v Notts County
    Exactly.

A home win and an away draw would be fantastic. 2 draws wouldn't be too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    We need to be aiming to beat Torquay they look a shadow of their former selves. Wrexham will be backed by a large vociferous crowd so it will be hard but having listened to Steve Parkins lack lustre demoralising post match interview ( although he did make me laugh when he said that Solihull passed it around nicely to little effect ( sound familiar!) I think they are very beatable.

I will take 4 points no less.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I would take that. Torquay’s team have been decimated over the summer but Gary Johnson is a clever wily old fox and knows how to create good teams from scratch.

Likewise a point away at Wrexham would be a good point.

We should be looking to do them both! Show them who the boss is. Mullin aside, i still think Wrexham's squad is pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    We should be looking to do them both! Show them who the boss is. Mullin aside, i still think Wrexham's squad is pretty average.
    Yep, same as their manager, average. Also think the whole month of September, the games should be winable.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Yep, same as their manager, average. Also think the whole month of September, the games should be winable.
    Parkinson already moaning, he needs more players.

Just shows how well planned and prepared we've been in pre season by getting all our signings in early.