+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: oh, well..........

oh, well..........

just wish that our new owner had come in with a different message, rather than wanting promotion in 2 years, wouldn't it have nice to hear.............

the new manager has a 5 year contract, in that time he'll be allowed to BUILD a team of his choosing and we will support that, regardless of short term results.

yes, there will be inconsistencies to start with but we will all have to stick together during the re-building period.

within that 5 year period the manager will have had enough time to build a team capable of promotion.

oh, well.

I suppose our manager will be hoping and praying that results turn around quickly, we know what itchy fingers owners have these days...................

ray..........................in Batley.

I spoke the words of a fool.............so they'd appreciate those of a wise man when they heard them!

re: oh, well..........

Ray, we're Wednesday, we're used to this...The good times are coming back for us mate.

I can feel it in mi watter!

It's early days Ray..Let's wait and see.

re: oh, well..........

"I suppose our manager will be hoping and praying that results turn around quickly, we know what itchy fingers owners have these days"

Ray, I don't think Carlos will be too alarmed about results, even if they were that bad which I don't think they are...if you've listened to his interviews he says he's used to having a gun at his head regarding results, coaching in places like Portugal, Greece & Turkey it's normal for a coach to last only a few games, being at SWFC will be like a holiday for him in this regard, he also hints at wanting to stay for a long time, even if we don't get promotion in two seasons I think he'll still be here if we're at least challenging, although if we were to fight relegation I would assume Chansiri would step in...I think the future is bright for the Owls, even if it's not it's not like we're not used to it...it'll be reyt, whatever, the Sheffield Wednesday roller coaster goes on regardless, I, like many others will be on it come what may.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)