+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What Fixture List . . .

What Fixture List . . .

. . . are our local rags using as after the Standard having Queens away at Alloa last week todays Dumfries Courier has us at HOME versus Dunfermline tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    . . . are our local rags using as after the Standard having Queens away at Alloa last week todays Dumfries Courier has us at HOME versus Dunfermline tomorrow

these rags have no interest in queens ,thay prob just tell someone to type something up with all the local teams a quick mash thing ,id bet the person thats typing up about queens at the courier hardly even knows who queens are .

I think you are probably spot on there Francis!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I think you are probably spot on there Francis!

hay an idea jardi ,i wonder what it would take for queens to have there own papper ,the queens news loool ,and the papper could always be propped up by putting in all the wright ups for all the local leagues in aswell ,now there is a way to get alot of interest generated in queens as loads of local people would buy this as it would have a wee bit of everything local footie in it .a rag dedicated to queens and the local leagues .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 01-03-2019 at 10:51 PM.

There were 3 editions printed a few decades ago and handed out free at petrol station.

Francis, - that is a very good idea, but the problem is that in today's climate, newspaper are dying out quicker than a dinosaur at the bottom of the Scottish Championship.

There is (as always) a solution though: with a little bit of sponsorship to the Standard and Courier, you could have your own dedicated page sponsored by Queens as the 'mother club,' - with chosen writers sending their reports into the local rags.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    There were 3 editions printed a few decades ago and handed out free at petrol station.
    I remember them Les and I think they were published in conjunction with an entrepreneur who also had markets at Palmerston and other venues in Dumfries.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)