+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match ratings v Morcambe

Match ratings v Morcambe

Stone - Pretty solid. One or two heart in mouth moments and loose balls - 7

Brindley - The player we know that is in there. Calm, forward thinking, solid. Classy tonight - 8

Baldwin - Same as Brindley. Class - 8

Cameron - One of the best performances on the pitch tonight. Like the player we saw in his first season - 8.5

Nemane - A danger and creative throughout the game. His touch and technique often goes unnoticed but tonight he really displayed those qualities - 7.5

Jones - No defensive work to do but a constant thorn in the oppositions side. Wonderfully taken goal and another assist - 8.5

Austin - It was a bit of a Park Ji Sung performance in that what he did my have gone unnoticed. Lots of hard running, some nice interchanging and touches on the ball as he learns this position. Couldn’t really make most of the chances in advanced positions tonight - 7.5

Bostock - The Bostock of last season is back. Looking very sharp now, and even some pace in there. ***** to the team, especially without Palmer available - 8.5

Crowley - Great technique, balance, vision and timing. How has he ended up playing for the likes of us and Morcombe? What’s that, 11 goals from midfield already? Great performance - 9

Didzy - Touches of magic that no one else on the pitch is capable of. Didn’t reach the heights of Boxing Day but what a delight to watch him play. Was desperate for him to score too! - 8

Macca - I’m going there….Not done it before, but full marks for Macca tonight!! I’m glad we’re now getting to see what he is fully capable of as a footballer and he is just amazing. That third goal was a thing of beauty….I was sat right behind it, just stunning - 10!!

Hard to rate the subs as the game changed so much.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Stone - Pretty solid. One or two heart in mouth moments and loose balls - 7

Brindley - The player we know that is in there. Calm, forward thinking, solid. Classy tonight - 8

Baldwin - Same as Brindley. Class - 8

Cameron - One of the best performances on the pitch tonight. Like the player we saw in his first season - 8.5

Nemane - A danger and creative throughout the game. His touch and technique often goes unnoticed but tonight he really displayed those qualities - 7.5

Jones - No defensive work to do but a constant thorn in the oppositions side. Wonderfully taken goal and another assist - 8.5

Austin - It was a bit of a Park Ji Sung performance in that what he did my have gone unnoticed. Lots of hard running, some nice interchanging and touches on the ball as he learns this position. Couldn’t really make most of the chances in advanced positions tonight - 7.5

Bostock - The Bostock of last season is back. Looking very sharp now, and even some pace in there. ***** to the team, especially without Palmer available - 8.5

Crowley - Great technique, balance, vision and timing. How has he ended up playing for the likes of us and Morcombe? What’s that, 11 goals from midfield already? Great performance - 9

Didzy - Touches of magic that no one else on the pitch is capable of. Didn’t reach the heights of Boxing Day but what a delight to watch him play. Was desperate for him to score too! - 8

Macca - I’m going there….Not done it before, but full marks for Macca tonight!! I’m glad we’re now getting to see what he is fully capable of as a footballer and he is just amazing. That third goal was a thing of beauty….I was sat right behind it, just stunning - 10!!

Hard to rate the subs as the game changed so much.
    Not much to disagree with perhaps one or two slightly nervy moments from Baldwin but he is still worth a 7. Best 60 minutes I have seen from notts in a while.

John Bostock a delight to watch. Second half their young number ten was obviously told to follow and mark him which he did. But JB still ruled the roost and the player never laid a glove on him. I half expected him to follow JB to the dressing room when he was subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    John Bostock a delight to watch. Second half their young number ten was obviously told to follow and mark him which he did. But JB still ruled the roost and the player never laid a glove on him. I half expected him to follow JB to the dressing room when he was subbed.
    Need to offer him a new contract!

The fluidity of the whole team was something else last night, head and shoulders above Nolans play-off team which was a decent team itself.

Agree with TSANHO 's marks, 10 for Langstaff fully deserved, a masterclass in finishing and movement with such high energy.
    A 10 for Luke Williamson from me as well. To not have Matty Palmer in midfield, readjust the whole team to compensate and get performances like that and Donny a week after the Harrogate game is spectacular coaching.