+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Players?

Players?

How long will he persist with these midfielders do you think?,some good lads there not getting a sniff yet throwing out the same dross week in week out,most of them are just bodies in the way in games tbh that don't actually produce or supply anything for the team?.If the first choice cmid is The (crab) Milsom and Elliott ( what do I do now I’ve got the ball at my feet Hewitt) then it’s quite a serious problem do you not agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestpie View Post
    How long will he persist with these midfielders do you think?,some good lads there not getting a sniff yet throwing out the same dross week in week out,most of them are just bodies in the way in games tbh that don't actually produce or supply anything for the team?.If the first choice cmid is The (crab) Milsom and Elliott ( what do I do now I’ve got the ball at my feet Hewitt) then it’s quite a serious problem do you not agree?
    The team has performed better since Milsom has been there.....who else are you suggesting....Husin?

I might agree if you name those "good lads not getting a sniff ".

I think we all know we are weak in midfield, but today's selection is as good as we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I might agree if you name those "good lads not getting a sniff ".

I think we all know we are weak in midfield, but today's selection is as good as we've got.
    It's not that we are short of midfielders in terms of numbers, but Husin looks hopelessly lightweight and Crawford and Patching are apparently regarded as too young to be deployed. They are seriously at risk of becoming our latest "ones for the future" who never are. David Vaughan has also been a massive disappointment so far, but I think the 4-2-3-1 system is best suited to him, so he might yet have a significant role to play.

What seems certain is that we need one if not two more "little rats" as John Sheridan once termed them: really energetic, tough-tackling, ball-winning battlers who can protect our defence better, win the ball more often and feed it regularly to the more talented and creative players like Boldewijn, Alessandra and Thomas, whose confidence and influence will grow if there's a solid base behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It's not that we are short of midfielders in terms of numbers, but Husin looks hopelessly lightweight and Crawford and Patching are apparently regarded as too young to be deployed. They are seriously at risk of becoming our latest "ones for the future" who never are. David Vaughan has also been a massive disappointment so far, but I think the 4-2-3-1 system is best suited to him, so he might yet have a significant role to play.

What seems certain is that we need one if not two more "little rats" as John Sheridan once termed them: really energetic, tough-tackling, ball-winning battlers who can protect our defence better, win the ball more often and feed it regularly to the more talented and creative players like Boldewijn, Alessandra and Thomas, whose confidence and influence will grow if there's a solid base behind them.
    Are we fit enough? We concede late goals, can the players last 90+ minutes?

Why did we have 3 CB on the bench And what has happened to Osbourne, motm against Newcastle and not seen since. And where are Jones, Kellett and Hawkridge..Surely these are better options than having 3 crap defenders on the bench..

The midfield has been a weak area for us for many a season now. With Milsom coming back, I think he has made a big difference, but he can not take on the midfield roll all by himself as I do believe Hewitt is just not good enough. If you look at the first goal yesterday for Vale, Tootle backs off and backs off, cross comes in and Hewitt just lets the man he is marking to walk away from him and get in a free header. This has happened all too often with Hewitt, he either lets the player he is marking to turn away from him or run past him and this leads to too many goals scored against us. Now, he isn't the only player that seems scared to get a tackle in, or get close to his man, Tootle is also looking very lighweight this season and his constant backing off is allowing crosses to come in, and with the opposition being given free space, no wonder we are conceeding as many goals as we are.
    But like others on here, I can not see how else the midfield can be improved with the players we have. I thought earlier in the season that Hussin could have done a job alongside Milsom, but he has dropped well off the radar, Vaughan is a complete waste at this level and the others have not had enough game time to warrant an opinion. So what can HK do to address this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

We weren't short of midfielders till Nolan elbowed O'Connor amd Milsom and I must admit I was wrong thinking they weren't up to the job and we wouldn't miss them. Milsom is back now and in my opinion playing better than before. I suppose Vaughn could have taken the midfield position that O'Connor vacated, and I do mean could have but he hasn't, has he? Crawford and Patching have got to be given their chance sometime and with Hewitt only sometimes doing his job properly and Vaughan never, it might be worth giving C and P their chances. I do mean a proper chance too, not brought on when three-nil down and ten minutes to go, that's the way to destroy confidence.

The last "little rat" we had was Liam Noble whose return to Notts wasn't exactly outstanding. I think it became quite clear he didn't want to be with us but I agree, we could do with a couple more like him, like the little rat he was the before he went to FGR - but without the red cards.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 04-11-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Don’t know enough about Patching but Crawford had 17 NL games and from what I read bossed most of them and that’s not easy in that league!also up for National League player of the year award after them 17 games???......Nahhh let’s play Hewitt or better still Briesly who’s not even a midfielder instead?.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    The last "little rat" we had was Liam Noble.
    Liam Noble is one of the last players I would put in the "little rat" category. He was lightweight and wasn't capable of getting stuck in to a tackle. Most of his cards were for petulance rather than crunching tackles.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast