+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Am Amazed Bruce Has Not Been Sacked

I Am Amazed Bruce Has Not Been Sacked

Seems like almost every West Brom fan wants Bruce OUT and the league position is an embarrassment and we are heading for relegation. Team selection is clueless and shocking!!! What was Mat Phillips starting yesterday going to achieve as again he was crap!!! Bruce set the team up not to concede to stay in the job.

Fat Ron is treating West Brom fans with utter contempt!!! I have been to every away ground this season and refuse to go to any more until Bruce is gone!!!

Any other club ( even a pub side ) would have sacked their manager now if they were in West Brom's position!!!

So what is Fat Ron hoping for? A out of sorts side starting to play like Man City with this clown in charge?

Far Ron needs to f uck right off out of the club along with Lai immediately!

The fact is Al we moved a point nearer the leaders after yesterday's result as all at the top lost.
    So we are moving closer to the top...🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    The fact is Al we moved a point nearer the leaders after yesterday's result as all at the top lost.
    So we are moving closer to the top...��������

I’m beginning to worry that our squad might not be strong enough in the Prem next season.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m beginning to worry that our squad might not be strong enough in the Prem next season.
    We’ll be okay I’m sure we will break Forests record and sign 10-15 internationals
    Europe by ‘24-25 and Champs League by ‘25-26 come on

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I love your irony, Mick. Made me chuckle, this.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Seems like almost every West Brom fan wants Bruce OUT and the league position is an embarrassment and we are heading for relegation. Team selection is clueless and shocking!!! What was Mat Phillips starting yesterday going to achieve as again he was crap!!! Bruce set the team up not to concede to stay in the job.

Fat Ron is treating West Brom fans with utter contempt!!! I have been to every away ground this season and refuse to go to any more until Bruce is gone!!!

Any other club ( even a pub side ) would have sacked their manager now if they were in West Brom's position!!!

So what is Fat Ron hoping for? A out of sorts side starting to play like Man City with this clown in charge?

Far Ron needs to f uck right off out of the club along with Lai immediately!
    Perhaps the Bruce contract termination is financially prohibitive? I fully understand why he wouldn’t resign ! It staggers me that these contracts have no ‘get out’ clause for the Club, in the event of a points target (or other Key Performance Indicator) not being achieved ?

To be fair I thought Philips did ok first half and linked up well with Wallace. My criticism was the delay in substitutions. I felt Matty and Livermore should have been subbed mid second half. (Swift and Grant on)

I’m hoping the Club are looking at suitable replacements and, irrespective of Bruce’s shortcomings, do not sack him without a better candidate ready and willing !

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Perhaps the Bruce contract termination is financially prohibitive? I fully understand why he wouldn’t resign ! It staggers me that these contracts have no ‘get out’ clause for the Club, in the event of a points target (or other Key Performance Indicator) not being achieved ?

To be fair I thought Philips did ok first half and linked up well with Wallace. My criticism was the delay in substitutions. I felt Matty and Livermore should have been subbed mid second half. (Swift and Grant on)

I’m hoping the Club are looking at suitable replacements and, irrespective of Bruce’s shortcomings, do not sack him without a better candidate ready and willing !

Sorry Prando must respectfully disagree as Phillips was shocking ( again ) at Preston and was garbage on Saturday. The stats back this up:

The Scotsman played 86 minutes today and managed to lose possession an astounding 27 times. This can be traced back partly to his two unsuccessful dribble attempts and 25% crossing accuracy, showing how wasteful he was with the ball.

As mentioned already, his defensive display was not much better. He did not make a single tackle or clearance all day, with his only real contribution being his three interceptions.

As for a suitable replacement for Bruce - come on! I would say almost every away supporter ( been to them all ) wants Bruce out immediately with NO replacement lined up. The players for me want him out too - they are under performing - there's little desire and zero heart. Even Okay, Swift and TGH have gone backwards! Bringing in complete flops like Phillips and Livermore ( should have gone 3 years ago ) is bad enough but the subs are a joke!!! What next Adam Reach starting at Reading?

Personally, we would do better with Brunt and Morrison in a caretaker role as the toxic atmosphere would go and some respect would return!

F uck off Bruce IMMEDIATELY!!!!

I saw Philips’ performance differently !
    Interestingly, the notoriously critical Birmingham Mail group were also more generous with their player ratings, giving
    5 to Kelly
    6 to Palmer, Pieters, Philips, Livermore, Yoku, Townsend, Diangana
    7 to Wallace, Asante, O’Shea
    No disagreement regarding Bruce’s dire managerial performance, but I’d prefer to be confident in his proposed replacement, before any dismissal.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    I saw Philips’ performance differently !
    Interestingly, the notoriously critical Birmingham Mail group were also more generous with their player ratings, giving
    5 to Kelly
    6 to Palmer, Pieters, Philips, Livermore, Yoku, Townsend, Diangana
    7 to Wallace, Asante, O’Shea
    No disagreement regarding Bruce’s dire managerial performance, but I’d prefer to be confident in his proposed replacement, before any dismissal.

Honestly think a caretaker like Mozza could do no worse and at least bring respect - desire and heart back to the side. The majority are rarely wrong and want Bruce out now!

Our league position does not lie and a complete embarrassment and things are not getting any better!

Phillips should have gone years ago as he’s a league 1 player if not in the treatment room!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)