+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Proper Food

Proper Food

Lunch in Castleford today, first thing I saw on the counter when I went in this cafe was a sign saying 'Today's Sandwich Special...Roast Beef, Red Onion and Dripping'.

They know how to eat in Yaarkshire, never mind Jus, Hand Dived Scallops, all that poncy crap, proper food in Castleford, I'm back for more tomorrow.

Was it pork dripping or beef dripping..?

Dripping?- way too healthy...

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    Halal pork and pork dripping with red onion - yummy...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Lunch in Castleford today, first thing I saw on the counter when I went in this cafe was a sign saying 'Today's Sandwich Special...Roast Beef, Red Onion and Dripping'.

They know how to eat in Yaarkshire, never mind Jus, Hand Dived Scallops, all that poncy crap, proper food in Castleford, I'm back for more tomorrow.
    I used to live in Bradford and worked up in Birstall, lunch often comprised of a bin lid sized Yorkshire pudding filled with two beef sausage and onions with rich, thick, onion gravy washed down with two pints of Guinness. By heck...

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    Beef dripping, proper stuff. Incredible little cafe, homemade sausage rolls, eye popping range of home made cakes, I'll be in again today before going home, but if I lived in Castleford I'd have to limit the visits, it'd be dangerous to go in there every day of the week. If anyone is ever over there it's called BakeMyDay.

I was in Haslingden yesterday and nipped into Cissy Green's pie shop on Deardengate, their new recipe for meat and chilli pies with a hint of potato are to die for!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)