+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reflections on today

Reflections on today

Blimey

Apart from Murphy and Burn starting, it wasn't half bad.

But seriously, truly special. Top 4 is ours to lose. We were actually a little wasteful at times can you believe!

Bruno and Joelinton were especially fantastic today.

First time in our Premier League history that we've had 3 players score double figures.

Isak what a signing and finisher

Pope could have had a day's holiday.

I've said since we beat the red filth 2-0 that we'd finish 3rd.

Villa was a blip, we had a couple of bad halves away against a West Ham who won 4-0 today and have their tails up, then again against Brentford we were at 6s & 7s first half then we get a hold of it.

We've proved that we were just getting back up to speed after the Cup final lose, playing poorly but still winning, this win is that statement win. The win we needed to solidly dig our boots and plant our flag in 3rd place!

Jacob Murphy absolutely class! Where did that come from? We all wanted him gone, now you could argue his one of the first names on the team sheet!

I / we could go on and on and on about every single player. Front to back Champions League level performance. Well deserved on we go to Goodison Park.

Inshallah, we take all 3 points there too!

3 @ Goodison would be awesome I'd take a point (1)

Southampton at home has to be a win (3)

Attachment 24023

I'd take a point at home to Arsenal but they look like they are bottling it as usual, same as last season would be awesome (1)

Leeds away, they just don't see to have any luck - lost 4 of their last 5 - they are there for the taking! (3)

Only the Brighton match is gonna be tough from the remaining fixtures. On this form we really should beat the rest of them. (1)

Leicester at home on their form we have to win. They won their last match 2-1 but like Leeds have lost the previous 4 of 5. (3)

We've played Chelsea at the bridge last game of the season twice and we've beat them heavily both times - no concerns at all. (3)

Total = 15 +59 = 74 points + 1 point for our massive goal difference The red filth need + 16 points - The Red ****e play Villa(H), Brighton(A) & West Ham(A) in a week after their trip to Sh!teFART Lane. Hopefully Spurs will some how manage to win that one to claw back a bit of dignity and do us a massive favour!

We're finishing 3rd!

Attachment 24024

I was actually going to start a thread ‘negatives of the day’ to save on the typing.
    We were awesome today from top to bottom.

Negatives:
    - possible injuries (Bruno and Schar)….
    ……and that’s it.

I’m off to raise a glass - proud of the lads tonight.

Fun stat...Harry Kane completed 100% of his passes in the first half...but 31% of those were from the kick off

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    Bruno and Joelinton were especially fantastic today.
    And Isak. And Willock. And Schär.

The biggest problem for us yesterday was choosing the MOM. I see Joelinton got it but, man, there were 5 or 6 who could have. You can add Murphy to the list above.
    I thought Bruno had an incredible game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)