+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Assombalanga to Derby anyone?

Assombalanga to Derby anyone?

Now that forest has got him mended, does anyone agree this player would be a good acquisition to replace/work with Martin with the added bonus of taking the prize asset from the bill dodgers down the road?

re: Assombalanga to Derby anyone?

Good player no question. Is he worth the uplift on the 5-8m they paid or will pay for him? Would Fawaz sell him to us? Likely answer no on both. That aside would have him at the right money.

He doesn't work hard enough and Michail Antonio made him look good!!

Why is assumed by Derby fans that Forest players are queuing up to play at a smaller club in a dismal town which I now hear is infested with flies. Only one player I know has bettered himself at your place which was Gladys Hinton who was number two in the pecking order at Forest. Guy Moussi put it quite nicely when asked about a possible move to Derby. His reply was "I don't want to be rude".

Awkinsane. Smaller club comedy gold mate coming from a club who couldn't even sell out for their cup final. If and its a big if you new the slighter thing about football you would know there is not one Forest player who would get a game at Derby By the way how's Wardy doing heard he pulled his hamstring getting of the treatment table is that true Your lucky though you have only got him for two more seasons suckers

Don't think anyone has made any assumptions Awks and your comments about a 'smaller club' are just laughable based on crowds, stadia and league position over the last God knows how many years.
    Back on topic...I hope that we start looking very closely at fitness/appearance records before making any big money signings. Assombalanga is undoubtedly a good player but he'd be expensive and his appearance record isn't great. As for p**ing off Forest by signing one of their main assets...shouldn't come into it imo. Think Clough junior tried that with Nathan Tyson...ididn't end well for us.

Appearance record isn't great?43 43 and 29 when he got injured!between nob and jan he played 11games on loan at wealdstone when he was 17 and played 5 games the month after for Braintree.hardly a poor record is it,up until his injury last year.

Not having a pop at him Polish but, two great seasons - 2012-14 - apart, the facts are that he played just twenty times between 2011-12 and only 33 times since he joined you in 2014.
    He's a fine player imo...so were/are Jamie Ward, Shaun Barker, Nathan Tyson, Kris Commons, George Thorne and, to a lesser degree, Craig Bryson but unfortunately they've spent as much, if not more, time on the treatment table as they have on the pitch and that's no use to any team.
    Given the type of player BA is - all twists, turns and low centre of gravity, backside based power - I worry about the effect his specific injury will have on him and from an investment point of view...I'm 'out'.
    Probably academic anyway because I doubt Farwaz would sell to us and imo such 'let's wind up our rivals' signings are often amongst the worst thought out and least successful anyway.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)