+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 📝 Jacob Bedeau Signs

📝 Jacob Bedeau Signs

In yet another cynical ploy to sell season tickets Notts have completed the signing of central defender Jacob Bedeau.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-06-11 205357.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  12.3 KB
    The 24-year-old has signed a three-year deal and becomes our second summer signing following the arrival of fellow defender Matty Platt.

Bedeau arrives after leaving Morecambe, for whom he was a standout performer in both League One and Two.

And Richard Montague, who sits on our board and leads on recruitment, believes Bedeau will bring a fantastic blend of youth, experience and quality to our backline.

He said: “There are many reasons we’re excited to welcome Jacob into the squad.“He's a fantastic athlete – quick, powerful and brilliant in the air, while also being an outstanding one-v-one defender.

“Despite being only 24, he already has more than 150 EFL appearances to his name – not only proving his quality, but also his ability to stand up to the demands of the EFL.

“His age also means he has huge potential to grow with the club and we know we can provide the right environment for him to do that.”

Bedeau is a product of Leyton Orient and Bury’s academies – and he debuted for the latter in League One aged only 16.

He went on to make seven appearances for the Shakers, impressing sufficiently to earn a big-money move to Aston Villa who had beaten off competition from the likes of Manchester City and Liverpool for his signature.

Bedeau became a mainstay of Villa’s Under 23s side in his two years in the West Midlands, before joining League One side Skunthorpe United and going on to establish himself as a regular starter despite still only being in his t33ns.

His promise was recognised by Burnley, who signed him following his departure from S****horpe, before he headed out on loan to Morecambe – a move he went on to make permanent.

In his time on the Lancashire coast, Bedeau racked up 61 League One appearances and another 43 in League Two before departing the club this summer.
    Last edited by SwalePie; Yesterday at 07:58 PM.

That’s a fantastic signing. All the doubters that questioned wether the owners / Maynard would recognise we needed physicality at the back are now finding out the answer.

WOW yet another outstanding signing. Much like Platt you won't find many better than Bedeau in L2 next season. Morecambe fans are shocked he didn't go back to L1. Last season i predicted us to finish 10th-13th. 2-3 more quality additions whilst keeping our main players and i genuinely believe we can challenge next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Tremendous! Welcome Jacob and COYP

Exactly what we need, an experienced league defender.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    That’s a fantastic signing. All the doubters that questioned wether the owners / Maynard would recognise we needed physicality at the back are now finding out the answer.
    Do I detect a hint of sarcasm Swale? I agree though fantastic signing. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Qui, moi?

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Maybe 😂. They got it wrong last season and couldn’t do much in Jan, they were never going to make the same mistake and I think they see this season as a good opportunity to get out with the league waiving goodbye to 3 clubs heavily financially supported. Good to hear he was impressed by SM and also spoke to Crowley so that probably dispels the theories players are unhappy behind the scenes.

Great signing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast