+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosler/McManaman - The glaring tactical error

Rosler/McManaman - The glaring tactical error

Chaps, I require your opinions on here.

Macca has barely completed 90 full minutes under Rosler. Again, as Macca was tearing down another prem defence, he got subbed. Same thing happened against Crystal Palace and various other champ clubs.

Without Macca on the pitch on sat we looked flat with no outlet, causing Arsenal to press us more resulting in an equaliser.

Having read news articles in various papers, The Sunday Times branded Macca as 'unplayable' at times

Now...

Did Rosler want to sit on the 1-0?
    Does he not really like playing him?
    Is there something going on behind the scenes?
    Why was he subbed on sat?

re: Rosler/McManaman - The glaring tactical error

He was injured I think. Could hardly walk when he came off.

What I will say is though, for a 22 year old lad his fitness is appalling. He is blowing before half time most games, even if you go back to the Martinez games, he was typically dragged off around the 65 min mark.

McManaman was taken off because he signalled to the bench. He had cramp in both legs that's why he came off.But yes I dont know why Rosler keeps taking him off. I don't think he has ever played a full game under Rosler so maybe he doesn't like him its baffling

sorry Arsenal scored cos their worst player was left unmarked

should have had Leon on not Gary

UP THE TICS! as someone once said

Just a few things from me to add to this thread:

1) I thought that it was a poor substiution from Rosler & agree that it lost us an outlet when attacking. However its been clarified that McManaman couldn't continue coz of cramp so that's been cleared up
    2) If you watch the footage of Arsenal's goal, its not Gary Caldwell who leaves his man unmarked. It's Emmerson Boyce
    3) I too thought that Barnett would be the automatic replacement for Ramis, but I read on CL earlier today that when Ramis needed replacing, Rosler let rip at Barnett coz he was sat on the bench & wasn't warming up as he'd been asked to. Only got 1 posters word for that but it would explain the substituion if it is true
    4) Rosler is very strict on having players at a certain level of fitness. If McManaman is cramping up to the extent that he can't carry on after 70(ish) minutes of a game then to me it says something about his general fitness levels (or lack of them). I've also heard stories recently from someone who wor

There has got be some underlying issue with his fitness. Whether he doesn't look after himself or he has a niggling injury but it has always been apparent. Not just in Roslers' era, like i said Martinez used to sub him just after half time too.

As for Caldwell, thought he did well when he came on, and fair play to him having the guts to take the 1st penalty. Whether it should have been allowed to happen is a seperate issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wiganeramc
    There has got be some underlying issue with his fitness. Whether he doesn't look after himself or he has a niggling injury but it has always been apparent. Not just in Roslers' era, like i said Martinez used to sub him just after half time too.
    Without wanting to say any more, one of those 2 reasons you give ties in with the stories I've heard

hearing he's a bit of a drinker allot on saturday, don't know where it came from or if it's true though...

There's obviously a problem of some sort. Looks like Maradonna at times and then fades to Albert Steptoe. If he can sort his fitness out he'll be on his wayof course.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRYa
    Without wanting to say any more, one of those 2 reasons you give ties in with the stories I've heard [/quote]

It wouldn't surprise me at all to be honest. What a waste of talent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)