+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Dario back League 3?

Does Dario back League 3?

Says radical overhaul needed - but doesn't say whether or not he backs League 3. - view external link

re: Does Dario back League 3?

I'm sure he's astute enough to know that if he has any misgivings about the idea, then he's unlikely to offer those thoughts up as a potential headline grabber.
    There is nothing in the Sentinel quotes to suggest he does or doesn't.
    His main brief was to offer his thoughts on coaching, which took in the aspect of pitch quality.
    I get the impression that the "B" team idea was almost an afterthought - something tangible to offer up for public consumption, rather than a list of aspirations concerning quotas of 'home-grown', and non-EU players.
    Later in the year, the second part of the report is due to address coaching, facilities, and grassroots.

Just a couple of points after reading that..

We used to have reserve teams that didn't differentiate between age groups that provided for competitive football. We won the World Cup on that basis.. Pitches wasn't an issue for skilled players at all.

Can't see how anyone can affect the movement and selection of players by nationality or place of birth and the PL will always pay for the best players.

They talk about coaching skills?

Its obvious that the Continentals and South American Countries like Brazil seem to teach 'individual' skills and not essentially 'team' skills and why players like Messi and Ronaldo can beat teams all on their own. Remember Pele?

Its why English teams pass the ball sideways or back. That's been an issue a long time.

I do wish we at Crewe could teach players throw ins which is elementary.

We need players with individual skills who can win games like above and who even in our present team or academy can we say that coaching has produced the right ski

[quote="MikeSB"]Just a couple of points after reading that..

We used to have reserve teams that didn't differentiate between age groups that provided for competitive football. We won the World Cup on that basis.. Pitches wasn't an issue for skilled players at all.

Can't see how anyone can affect the movement and selection of players by nationality or place of birth and the PL will always pay for the best players.

They talk about coaching skills?

Its obvious that the Continentals and South American Countries like Brazil seem to teach 'individual' skills and not essentially 'team' skills and why players like Messi and Ronaldo can beat teams all on their own. Remember Pele?

Its why English teams pass the ball sideways or back. That's been an issue a long time.

I do wish we at Crewe could teach players throw ins which is elementary.

We need players with individual skills who can win games like above and who even in our present team or academy can we

I think the other thing that we tend to forget when discussing the merits of the Academy and its financial value or cost to the football club is the effect that it can and does have on the local community.

I have no idea of the numbers, but hundreds of kids must attend the Academy each year, not to mention the various other coaching courses that the club runs in other locations during the summer and at weekends. It may not show up on the bank balance, but it plays a significant part in the profile of the club amongst young people, boys and girls, who are our next set of supporters. The club may be rather poor at getting these kids through the turnstiles but the Academy coaching staff do a really good job in this regard.

A friend of mine's lad went on such a course over several weekends a few years ago at Whitchurch and was the only lad with an Alex top amongst the whole group. We have to try and influence these lads and lasses if we can and our coaches are a good way to do it.

Any excuse to bang your Anti-Academy drum,eh. Mike?

The STRENGTH of our Academy is that actually they start with kids as young as 6 or 7 and coach them to play the Crewe way - which involves being comfortable on the ball and being able to pass it to a team mate more than two yards away. Not only that, but you know what their temperament is like and what you'll get when they make it to the first team.

Pick up anybody else's rejects and you've no idea what you're going to get. And if they've got any bad habits, you can't coach them out by the time they're 16/17.

And let's not ignore the fact that actually the Academy has been a profitable venture over the last 30 years. Not sure why you're so keen to get rid of it? Where's the money coming from to keep the club afloat if we've no production line that guarantees a star to sell on every couple of years? The gate receipts don't even cover the wage bill and we're one of the lowest paying clubs in the league...

Leaving all that aside, th

Quote Originally Posted by bigroof

Stream of consciousness or what?! Are you a child of the sixties Mike?
    Oh absolutely..

We won the world cup when I was 22, Loved the well regards golden age of the 60's Mersey sound and great music and saw one of the great teams of the sixties a few times ie Spurs at their peak including being at Gresty Road when we played them in a crowd of 20,000 and no crowd separation. And some great Alex games and players during that time as well.

I was a young man but its difficult to describe that period of optimism and colour and emergence from post war rationing etc.

It was great to be able buy TV's in all case colours and now they are all black or silver.

Yes, it was wonderful time to be in...ie I was just an innocent let loose in the world.

A terrible idea esp for us and loan players, this would mean the likes of Chuks playing for Arsenal B instead of joining us, how could Dario poss say this is good? I signed a petition to oppose this nonsense!

[quote="fatfakir"]Any excuse to bang your Anti-Academy drum,eh. Mike?

The STRENGTH of our Academy is that actually they start with kids as young as 6 or 7 and coach them to play the Crewe way - which involves being comfortable on the ball and being able to pass it to a team mate more than two yards away. Not only that, but you know what their temperament is like and what you'll get when they make it to the first team.

Pick up anybody else's rejects and you've no idea what you're going to get. And if they've got any bad habits, you can't coach them out by the time they're 16/17.

And let's not ignore the fact that actually the Academy has been a profitable venture over the last 30 years. Not sure why you're so keen to get rid of it? Where's the money coming from to keep the club afloat if we've no production line that guarantees a star to sell on every couple of years? The gate receipts don't even cover the wage bill and we're one of the lowest paying club

MikeSb - were it not for the funds generated by player sales (in particular Nick Powell) then we would not be in a position where we should be waving bye bye to Mr Hassall in the summer.

Note the word "should".

Do not under estimate the importance of this event - I would have sacrificed relegation if it meant getting rid of him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast