+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comet landing - Let the Conspiracy theories begin

Comet landing - Let the Conspiracy theories begin

How can they land on something moving at 330,000mph - it must be a fake.

Probably a set at Pinewood Studios left over from Thunderbirds.

How can they test something in the lab that's 300 million miles away ? More fakery. One of those chemists lab kits you can buy from The Entertainer for your kids at Xmas.

Amazing stuff - I'm truly gob smacked at the science / maths / chemistry / engineering involved to make this happen. Brilliant, wonderful, a huge achievement by all the boffins.

A truly eventful and momentous day for the World. - view external link

re: Comet landing - Let the Conspiracy theories begin

They launch a big foot on a ufo with Elvis.

easy done

I'm with you on this, ND. Brilliant engineering and just proves what we're capable of as a species as opposed to when we're pillaging the planet and killing each other for trinkets.

Mate I get truly peeved that I will miss out on space exploration over the next few hundred years. The discoveries made that re-write what we understand now and maybe to the point that our understanding now was so childlike.

No big deal imo. Ive been to comet many times.

WTF does that even mean?

Comet is a famous elecrical store in the uk. I brought my cooker from there. I think they went out of business a few years ago?

We we land on the earth all the time and it is traveling at 67000 miles per hour so it's not a stretch right?

Bongo I adam king of corny jokes in my family and even I found that one lame.

To be honest I dont believe anything on tv anymore. Its just designed to brain wash you. While the world looks on in amazement when we land on an asteroid the real technology is hidden from us.
    Funny how we still find it hard to go back to the moon but we can do this.
    Smells fishy!

Quote Originally Posted by stateside
    We we land on the earth all the time and it is traveling at 67000 miles per hour so it's not a stretch right?
    That is the speed of earth as it travels around the Sun on its annual pilgrimage.

But Statesie, I was astonished to read that Earth is actually travelling around the Milky Way at an incredible speed of 450,000 to 480,000 mph through space as we spin around our galaxy, never mind how fast our galaxy is spinning around the universe.

Just mind blowing.

So in fact that comet was almost travelling at a snails pace, it's no wonderm it was so easy to land that space craft on it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)