+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the fans beginning to drift back ?

Are the fans beginning to drift back ?

A crowd of over 2,000 and not as many Bairns as usual. A few seasons ago that would have been a poor crowd but such was the drop off in attendances , that over 2,000 is a good one now . I think there are signs that the Queens support is ever so slowly coming back. The young singing section are doing a grand job and there are loads of youngsters going to away games on the buses. Having a good team on the park , as we have , will do no harm either.

re: Are the fans beginning to drift back ?

Agree it's good to get over the 2,000 attendance yesterday but I'd estimate there was about 850 less home fans at Palmerston than the Hearts match .

Approx 2,600 at Hearts games and 1,750 yesterday .

Those him missed it missed out IMO

Very, very slight increase as we had 1,735 home fans versus Livi on 23rd August LeftPeg though floaters did turn out over 2,000 against the '' big '' teams Hearts and Hibs

I believe it is due to the atmosphere being created by the boys by the blue pole. I believe they now have a group? UQ14 (Ultras Queens 14) they haven't done anything wrong recently and have kept it to singing, chanting, and bouncing. Well done lads!!

Definitely agree about the improved atmosphere but I fear the "improved" gate will surely be reflected by the simple fact that more Season Ticket Holders are aboard this year. IF they were of the "don't attend ALL games" types - and I bet they do this season- it would add a few more of the base home fan numbers! Just got to hope that that old adage about a crowd attracting a crowd rings true!!!!

There are definitely more 'home' fans coming through the turnstiles, but you can't blame them with the quality of the opposition.

That said though, I reckon Fowler's brand of attractive, positive football will pay dividends in terms of more punters coming along.

Saturday's match was a joy and McShane's 25 yard drive was my highlight, - even if it was tipped over.

If the team keeps scoring goals and playing flowing football, more people will inevitably come along to matches.

Quote Originally Posted by nicol97
    I believe it is due to the atmosphere being created by the boys by the blue pole. I believe they now have a group? UQ14 (Ultras Queens 14) they haven't done anything wrong recently and have kept it to singing, chanting, and bouncing. Well done lads!!
    The young lads behind the goals were magnificent again on Saturday . What a difference it makes to have an atmosphere at Palmerston again. Week done lads , keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by jardi
    There are definitely more 'home' fans coming through the turnstiles, but you can't blame them with the quality of the opposition.

That said though, I reckon Fowler's brand of attractive, positive football will pay dividends in terms of more punters coming along.

Saturday's match was a joy and McShane's 25 yard drive was my highlight, - even if it was tipped over.

If the team keeps scoring goals and playing flowing football, more people will inevitably come along to matches.
    I agree with that. There are more home fans coming through the gates than there was in the last couple of years . Got to keep it up and improve even.

Yes JRleftPeg creeping up ever so slightly but it is only at the Hibs and especially Hearts games that the Dumfries public has really turned out. The next two home matches versus Dumbarton and Raith will give us a better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    A crowd of over 2,000 and not as many Bairns as usual. A few seasons ago that would have been a poor crowd but such was the drop off in attendances , that over 2,000 is a good one now . I think there are signs that the Queens support is ever so slowly coming back. The young singing section are doing a grand job and there are loads of youngsters going to away games on the buses. Having a good team on the park , as we have , will do no harm either.
    As promised JRS here's the league figures so far this season

Alloa - crowd 1634 with 1576 home & 58 away fans

Livi - crowd 1805 with 1735 home & 70 away fans

Hibs - crowd 3083 with 2201 home & 882 away fans

Hearts - crowd 5534 with 2607 home & 2927 away fans

Falkirk - crowd 2068 with 1833 home & 235 away fans

Thanks to the Hibs & Hearts games our crowd average is up approx 1,100 a game on last season

Season 2013/14 -- 1724
    Season 2014/15 -- 2825 ( after 5 league games )

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)