+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Get Past Saturday

Just Get Past Saturday

If we win on Saturday, it will bring the end of a a very heavy period (yes, i worded it to sound like a vagina bleed on purpose)

My intensive calculations which involved no writings, and just the use of my massive brain, i have calculated we have played 20 games in 82ish days. Feel free to correct, because that's wrong, because i didn't write it down and now i have forgotten the total.

The next 14 (including FA Cup 3rd round and LC QF) get played over 90 something days. I'm assuming we won't beat Chelsea - but who does?

What i'm saying is, our best form under McClaren comes in periods where we play Saturday to Saturday (this time last year and the last 10 of the season).

I have worked out why that is. He's a brilliant coach who does his magic on the training ground - something we don't get much time on right now.

To surmise, summarise, deduce and conclude, our best form will be just around the corner. Just have to beat Wolves.

Thank you for your time - here's a present.

[img] h

re: Just Get Past Saturday

[quote="dcfcdavecov"]If we win on Saturday, it will bring the end of a a very heavy period (yes, i worded it to sound like a vagina bleed on purpose)

My intensive calculations which involved no writings, and just the use of my massive brain, i have calculated we have played 20 games in 82ish days. Feel free to correct, because that's wrong, because i didn't write it down and now i have forgotten the total.

The next 14 (including FA Cup 3rd round and LC QF) get played over 90 something days. I'm assuming we won't beat Chelsea - but who does?

What i'm saying is, our best form under McClaren comes in periods where we play Saturday to Saturday (this time last year and the last 10 of the season).

I have worked out why that is. He's a brilliant coach who does his magic on the training ground - something we don't get much time on right now.

To surmise, summarise, deduce and conclude, our best form will be just around the corner. Just have to beat Wolves.

Tha

'Tis a good point. Hopefully we get through the internationals with no injuries as well.

A bit of a litmus test on Saturday given that they are the highest league side we will have played (Bournemouth were 14th-odd when we played them).

I have the scent of defeat in my nostrils if we perform like we did last night. We looked like a bendy-bit of hardboard across the back last night.

Another amazing stat;

Our 17th game this season in the league will be on the 8th of November.

Last season it was on the 1st of December!

Quote Originally Posted by ellafella

I have the scent of defeat in my nostrils
    That's because you live in Nottingham!!

I felt nervous last Saturday & it turned out I had good reason. However I feel confident we can beat Wolves this weekend & a lot easier than last nights game.

Let's hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggles

I have the scent of defeat in my nostrils
    That's because you live in Nottingham!! [/quote]

Genuinely very funny.

The scent is wafting over.

Quote Originally Posted by ellafella
    A bit of a litmus test on Saturday given that they are the highest league side we will have played (Bournemouth were 14th-odd when we played them).
    woah woah woah. this bromance will have to stop if you're applying rattea type logic to the equation ella. where Bournemouth were when we played them is irrelevant. the FACT is that they have been the best side in the league so far.

to compliment that they've won 9 of their last 10 games and you know who the odd one out was against ;-)

clearly we've proven we can beat one of the top sides. we just have to do it consistently.

It's a long season. We would all like to win every game 3-0, 4-1 or similar... But it aint going to happen. We will win some pretty games, some ugly games & some pretty ugly games. Providing we get two more points than any other team in the league before seasons end... Problem solved!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)