+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Williamson

Lee Williamson

How's he done for you, generally? Do you rate him?

re: Lee Williamson

Gives 100% every second on the pitch. Works hard to retrive the ball if he makes an error. Not the worlds most gifted player. But plays to his strengths and knows his weaknesses. For that alone I rate him.

Slow but good positional sense. Tackles well. He is nervous in possession, though. He needs a nearby team-mate to take over when he has won the ball.
    Certainly can't be faulted on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    Slow but good positional sense. Tackles well. He is nervous in possession, though. He needs a nearby team-mate to take over when he has won the ball.
    Certainly can't be faulted on effort.
    Yes Auck's rabbit in the headlights springs to mind but that can be improved on.

I never have, and never would slag players who give their all, to the best of their ability. Hence very put out by the slagging of Andrews, same can be said for Lowe etc etc. :/

But, well meant criticism is different (in a forum ie not verbally at and during a match).
    For me a midfield of Williamson and Evans will never get us anywhere.
    The lack of cover they provide to defence is well...poor. This is, and has been (for me) the reason our defensive line has been so flaky. Far more so than it could be, given decent defensive mid combatants of the Flitty variety in there.

IF GB can perform miracles and find a Flitty (a returning Lowe?), and in addition a new Dunny ( a more mature ie less cocksure Cairney?) one never knows

Would not featured in many games had we not had a transfer embargo, a crippling injury list and other players being forced to play out of position. Has a very limited ability, and always gives it his all. Forced into playing him almost all season, means we where always going to finish around 8-10th in the league. Same with next season.

Probably epitomises the current lack of quality more than any other player as he seems to be picked almost every week.

Pass success rate other than sideways or backwards is awful, slow, often caught in possession. Can break up play but prone to giving the ball straight back to the oposition.

Not someone our competition is remotely interested in taking off our hands.

If he is at the heart of the side next year we will be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    Would not featured in many games had we not had a transfer embargo, a crippling injury list and other players being forced to play out of position. Has a very limited ability, and always gives it his all. Forced into playing him almost all season, means we where always going to finish around 8-10th in the league. Same with next season.
    I tend to think differently Champs. I think he was one of GBs picks and as the embargo has now only just kicked had little to do with Williamson playing...although next season will be different.
    To be fair ..hes not done too bad ,i think its the players around him that seriously need to be looked at.He does the basics and knows his limitations but when you ve no outlet right or left of him it sometimes makes him look a liability.

As for players being forced out of position due to injury ..i really wish that was the case ..

Signs a new deal not sure how I feel about this
    He deserved a new contract as he has given his all this season however as we have stated he is very limited ability wise and with Lowe returning and lenihan emerging from the academy did we really need him?

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover
    Signs a new deal not sure how I feel about this
    He deserved a new contract as he has given his all this season however as we have stated he is very limited ability wise and with Lowe returning and lenihan emerging from the academy did we really need him?
    I think robin with the embargo kicking in now its probably more important to keep what we be got (within reason)

Hardly in a position to replace players with anything much better on frees/loans/and a cap on wages.

I thought he did OK last season.Does job but maybe gets overlooked due to a lack of flare ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)