+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bannna skin avoided

Bannna skin avoided

fighting result today...vaguely worried GR
    didn't take the sup seriously ie 10 changes
    but Rowetts rollocking did the trick
    big pay day at Man U will keep the wolves from the door
    KRO

re: Bannna skin avoided

Quite a turnaround indeed. Looking forward to watching it on TV to see who impresses. The Beeb should give the game extended coverage, and may even be first up. KRO

I agree but probably Forest as that was an upset
    KRO

Unable to follow the game but reading the reports the Blues second half was up a notch and got them out of a very awkward situation.

Did'nt think Rowetts decision to make 10 changes was up with the best of his decisions so far this season,appears good in theory with the thinking a group of full time professionals whatever the lineup should be more than capable of winning against a bunch of part timers without too many difficulties but life is'nt always so easy and the result I think could have easily gone the other way,not sure what Rowetts thoughts are!

Well I guess it took the 11 professionals who haven't played a competitive game together 45 minutes to catch up with the 11 amateurs who have been playing together all season. Gary Rowett certainly took a risk and it wasn't obvious to me that so many first team players needed a rest (5 rest days since Forest and a week before Wigan). Surely it's better to use your better players to establish a lead then bring them off for a rest than to find yourself behind and chasing the game? Isn't that why they usually send the marines in first? That said, it worked. So who am I to judge. Well done Gary and KRO...

As I said in a earlier post he was probably worried about the clogging factor and a terrible pitch ,in his head maybe we are not out of the relegation fight until we have 43 points, so he can not risk his better players he did change 10 definite message there, might have noted a few performances for the A team, good management ,but was not thinking that at 1/2 time

one thing the game proved is that Zigic & Thomas are not that sharp in front of goal.
    (I know Wes scored 2 but missed easier chances and stupidly ran off side when we were 5 on 2)
    Over all a good run out for our reserves
    KRO

I didn't see the pitch but sounded terrible. You are probably right in terms of Rowett's thinking Bolt. He has a stable starting 11 and probably wants to keep it that way as long as the results keep coming.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)