+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Enough !!!!

Enough !!!!

Firstly. I put on record my admiration to the youngsters who travel and support The'Well especially when they really have nothing to shout about.
    My wife son and I cannot remember the last time we missed any Motherwell league or cup game but after that performance on Saturday, no more travelling for us.
    As season ticket holders we will continue to go to all home matches, buy the programme, pies, and drinks,also tickets in the 50/50 draw, and put the money we save on not travelling towards next season's tickets.
    How some of those men disguised as footballers have the nerve to lift their wages is a disgrace.
    Why don't they admit that again they let the support down, and donate their week's wages to charity ?
    It is too early to judge our new man as he inherited this squad but to date I see NO signs at all of any improvement in all departments.

re: Enough !!!!

I think this game coming up against Kilmarnock is where IB has to stand up and make his mark.He must have seen enough by now to know who can or cannot do a job for him,no matter who they are.Because if he doesn't he is under the distinct possibilty of losing the faith the fans have in him so far and more importantly losing his own credibility as a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup
    I think this game coming up against Kilmarnock is where IB has to stand up and make his mark.He must have seen enough by now to know who can or cannot do a job for him,no matter who they are.Because if he doesn't he is under the distinct possibilty of losing the faith the fans have in him so far and more importantly losing his own credibility as a manager.
    ...and what does he do for this game if hes seen as many of us have none of them can do a job for him. They been proving it all season.

He does what he is paid to do and that is put 11 players out on the pitch who he has seen play with pride,passion and commitment for our club and drop the ''cowards'' who are afraid of the fight that lies ahead.I am sure like me there are fans who could pick 11 to do a job better than some who play every week.We only want to see players give their all, and if that happens and you lose to a better team then thats football.But when nobody tries a leg and you get gubbed 5-0,4-0,4-1 etc you cant just do nothing about it no matter who you have at your disposal the manager has to do something thats why he got the job and what he is paid to do

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup
    He does what he is paid to do and that is put 11 players out on the pitch who he has seen play with pride,passion and commitment for our club and drop the ''cowards'' who are afraid of the fight that lies ahead.I am sure like me there are fans who could pick 11 to do a job better than some who play every week.We only want to see players give their all, and if that happens and you lose to a better team then thats football.But when nobody tries a leg and you get gubbed 5-0,4-0,4-1 etc you cant just do nothing about it no matter who you have at your disposal the manager has to do something thats why he got the job and what he is paid to do
    Im not sure I couldn't the squad is totally devoid of pace , tackling ability and speed of thought. If you have a squad that are basically p1ss poor picking any 11 will just be a different formation of p1ss poor.

I'm a bit worried that as each game goes by the next one becomes increasingly more important. If the players didn't recognise the importance of a severe effort against Dundee, then I don't envy the manager's task of explaining the significance of the Kilmarnock game. It really is time to pull the collective fingers out.

We have 16 players out of contract in the summer and this is the time they can start talking to other clubs. Some players may want to stay some will have to move on. Ian Baraclough and the board have a massive job on there hands. But first the small matter of Kilmarnock on the 17th of January at Fir Park. I would have been tempted to take up the option of a free week as Celtic have done to give the players time to recover from injury or just to recharge their batteries.
    Can't blame our manager for being disgusted with his players after a very gutless performance. Surely the players know they are letting themselves down more than anyone.

Would like to think they do but I doubt it.After our last three performances the players shouldn't need a team talk before the game this Saturday,their own self pride should be enough for them to be wanting to get on the pitch and atone for their inept past performances.Also hope that none of the players or management team give their usual press statement saying how important the game is and how they have to make it up to the fans for poor recent performances. I'll give a statement to the players just know talk's cheap,actions speak louder than words so just go out and do it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)