+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Day Massacre ('79)

Boxing Day Massacre ('79)

Ey, did ye guter Hillsboro ? Y'now on Boxin Day, Near 50,000 tickets selt and Utd theer to play, Their lot stood on't Lane End,we a'lot stood on Kop, Thi made all row a'for kick-off, a'thought thid never stop, Then a'ht thi cum Blue 'Eroes, wi Big Jack and 'Appy 'Arri, Thi went ter middle, waved all round,they give Ref ball to carry, Wi dint arf rort an' jump a'baht, a' bumped into this fella, E ses to me "Who's ar No 3 and where's that bloke Sabella?", Then thi kicked off, ooh it were good, yer should see Wednesday play, Boulder, Smith an' No3, yer'd thought thi were away !, They brought this Goalie, whatsisname, thi said 'e were a gud'un, He dropped the ball twice and then fell 'or - my mate said 'es a puddin', All first half they kept it up,but they just couldn't score, A' ses to mate,their leavin' it late,a'thought 'e were gunna roar !, Then Spider Man kem dahn left wing, left two men for dead, E let fly wi' that right foot; twenty yards they sed, M

re: Boxing Day Massacre ('79)

haha Brilliant that ginger.

And it only seems like yesterday...You're right mate, we're getting old!

Yorkshire t0sser

Quote Originally Posted by braggyowl
    haha Brilliant that ginger.

And it only seems like yesterday...You're right mate, we're getting old!
    Other than the game what are your best memories of that day.

My dad went with me, we sat in the North Stand & it was the first game he'd been to in 20/30 years, he's a Blade but he was so happy for me that we'd won, on the way out we were running up Herries Road & I tripped & ripped my brand new Xmas jumper..

Also back in the pub on Howard Street, The Globe just to be clear.., soz Blades I know we're not allowed in town, it was brilliant & to be fair the United fans that were there took the banter in good spirit.

We were at the top of the Kop under our famous (famous for bulbs missing ) scoreboard..

The thing I remember most was when the first goal went in we finished half way down, still celebrating whilst being taken by the Kop sway...

Loved it on the Kop in those days..And if you didn't feel warm p!ss down your leg on a freezing cold October night, you weren't a proper Kopite!

Quote Originally Posted by rossendaleareaclaret
    Yorkshire t0sser

What's your problem d!ck splash?

I'm a proud Derbyshire tOsser , tOsser. Hey Bragg, how old were you ? Me, a long haired Nnnnnnnnnine****...seems like yesterday dammit. I just remember been peeshed off,cos I couldn't stand in my usual spot, turned up at the usual time !!!!!!!

haha...I was only fif**** mate..But went all over the country with my mates and my brother in law watching Wednesday.

Wouldn't dream of letting my lad go to an away match at that age tbh but things were so different then.

Been watching The Owls for 46 years now Ginger, from the age of four...My lads beat me though.
    I first took him when he was only three, so done my by a year bless him.

Just wanna get this bleedin horrible season out of the way now and start afresh...And hope we get off to a better start next season with some early wins..
    I reckon we'll do alright with Stuart Gray as well..He's got his head screwed on knows what he's doing.

Only thing I can remember stood on Lepps Lane was about 30 quid in two pence pieces zinging their way towards that anchor Curran when the 4th went in

I was surprised the tight b'stard didn't try picking the f'kers up

aaahhh So that's what he was doing then 58 when he sank to his knees at the Lepps after his goal with his arms aloft...Catching the 2ps... (whilst he was thinking "take that yer B@stards" of course)..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)