+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gray Gone!

Gray Gone!

Better have someone good lined up Mr Chansiri..And I hope to god Roeder had nothing to do with it...Stuart Gray had earned the right to be given a shot at it next season in my opinion..Made mistakes tactically, and failed to address the winger problem, but we did carve out chances that our forwards didn't take...Didn't do too badly when Wickham was here though did we?..Therefore, with a new budget and pitch, I feel he deserved a shot...Westwood and Lees were fantastic signings..and you could argue that without them, our league position would have been much more perilous..but again, deserved to be given the chance..It is widely accepted that the man is a great man manager and coach..And its Roeder's job to sell the club to potential signings, or why employ him?..This is either a bold statement of intent..Or catastrophic bal!s up...He has to back the new man, financially now!

re: Gray Gone!

Have to agree Mick. Good luck to Gray.

I was told last night that a bust-up with SG and Chansiri occurred over transfer targets/budgets in a recent meeting. Didn't get much else but I believe it was to do with the bid Fulham made for Lees.

The timing is all wrong for me and means we will be starting again with transfer targets and playing catch up.

Early signs aren't good, I've heard a lot of talk from people within the club that Chansiri is setting unrealistic expectations with little financial backing, and pay on the gate fans should be expecting to pay £30 - £40 this season.

This appointment is now Chansiri's chance to put his cards on the table and appoint the big he craves. It will also indicate his intentions in how serious he is about this investment and providing the new manager with much-needed funds to make a promotion challenge.

Early whispers from within are Gus Poyet...

Quote Originally Posted by micklyons1hardbstd
    Better have someone good lined up Mr Chansiri..And I hope to god Roeder had nothing to do with it...Stuart Gray had earned the right to be given a shot at it next season in my opinion..Made mistakes tactically, and failed to address the winger problem, but we did carve out chances that our forwards didn't take...Didn't do too badly when Wickham was here though did we?..Therefore, with a new budget and pitch, I feel he deserved a shot...Westwood and Lees were fantastic signings..and you could argue that without them, our league position would have been much more perilous..but again, deserved to be given the chance..It is widely accepted that the man is a great man manager and coach..And its Roeder's job to sell the club to potential signings, or why employ him?..This is either a bold statement of intent..Or catastrophic bal!s up...He has to back the new man, financially now!
    100% agree with this.

Gutted for Gray & wish hi

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherhamowl10
    I was told last night that a bust-up with SG and Chansiri occurred over transfer targets/budgets in a recent meeting. Didn't get much else but I believe it was to do with the bid Fulham made for Lees.

The timing is all wrong for me and means we will be starting again with transfer targets and playing catch up.

Early signs aren't good, I've heard a lot of talk from people within the club that Chansiri is setting unrealistic expectations with little financial backing, and pay on the gate fans should be expecting to pay £30 - £40 this season.

This appointment is now Chansiri's chance to put his cards on the table and appoint the big he craves. It will also indicate his intentions in how serious he is about this investment and providing the new manager with much-needed funds to make a promotion challenge.

Happy clappy chappie Rov spreading the FUD, must be serious.

My uncle

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro

Happy clappy chappie Rov s

Happy clappy chappie Rov s

Quote Originally Posted by banno
    im very dissappointed.
    banno with the Alan Irvine impression there.

RDM blotted his copy book at Schalke bragster. Huntelaar, Fanfan, Prince, Draxler ... all that talent and they played like dross, apart from in Madrid of course.

No, my managerial man crush is on Herve Renard. What a guy! WOOF

im very dissappointed.
    banno with the Alan Irvine impression there.

RDM blotted his copy book at Schalke bragster. Huntelaar, Fanfan, Prince, Draxler ... all that talent and they played like dross, apart from in Madrid of course.

No, my managerial man crush is on Herve Renard. What a guy! WOOF[/quote]

Ambitions have to be really high imo to have sacked Gray. He did well with limited resources and should have been given a chance.

At the same time..When the dust settles, its yesterday's news...Chansiri has spent the best part of 40m already..and has the right to have his own man at the helm..My worry would be, if it ISN'T his decision..and he's been ill informed by so called advisors..AND if he starts changing managers every 5 minutes...Whoever he appoints..they'll get my 100% support as always...A few years ago we were going out of business..Things have changed dramatically, in a short space of time...Some of the glass half empties on owlstalk make me puke..I'm not a blind happy clapper either...If it is indeed Carvalhal..then good luck mucker..Bring in some gems..and do a Watford/Bournmouth/Boro/Brentford! UTO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)