+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My struggle as a rovers fan..

My struggle as a rovers fan..

Unless you are constantly negative and continually criticising Lowe and Hanley, you are considered a WUM by fellow fans. As any kind of positivity as all seems to be frowned upon.. Sorry, I won't do it. I'm not returning to games with that air of negativity about..

It's like the bad old days of 80s again pre Jack walker..

re: My struggle as a rovers fan..

Fishing saxo?
    I think you are overlooking the fact that venkys have pushed this club to the brink with their rank stupidity earlier on in their reign
    That might have some bearing on the negativity
    transfer embargo causing us to sign French lower league players(could be good jury's out)and sell our more talented players might have some bearing on the negativity.
    Lowe and Hanley?????I think they are quite a distance down
    anyway you are over in France how many games did you plan to attend?

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover
    anyway you are over in France how many games did you plan to attend?
    Never mind where he is now Robin I'd be more interested to now where he was in the 80s and how he knows what the feelings of any Rovers fans of that era were as he was running round in short pants and a Liverpool shirt back then

I know what it was like in the past from reading the comments of players like Wilcox and Atkins, saying fans got on their back every game and the atmosphere was terrible. Seems to me the moaners are becoming the majority again amonst our reduced following

Anyone that thinks that the majority of the support should in any way be happy or satisfied with our present predicament needs to take a step back and review the proceedings over the more recent past.
    The fact that this club has been r***d and pillaged by the vultures of the modern game is a glaring fact.
    Given that this occurred almost immediately on the back of what has been our most successful period (certainly in my time), makes it all the more difficult to accept.
    Therefore the supporter had a choice; to stay on and hope for the best, or cease attendance and make that their own personal stance against the 'goings on'.
    For me both are quite valid.
    In this situation it is inevitable that the remaining support are and will have some level of frustration, and therefore it will be aired frequently.
    Are we really the worst football support in the land? I have no idea, but I do view with suspicion over any generalised 'sweeping statements'. And just ponder; lets say this had happened a

[quote="Despair"]Anyone that thinks that the majority of the support should in any way be happy or satisfied with our present predicament needs to take a step back and review the proceedings over the more recent past.
    The fact that this club has been r***d and pillaged by the vultures of the modern game is a glaring fact.
    Given that this occurred almost immediately on the back of what has been our most successful period (certainly in my time), makes it all the more difficult to accept.
    Therefore the supporter had a choice; to stay on and hope for the best, or cease attendance and make that their own personal stance against the 'goings on'.
    For me both are quite valid.
    In this situation it is inevitable that the remaining support are and will have some level of frustration, and therefore it will be aired frequently.
    Are we really the worst football support in the land? I have no idea, but I do view with suspicion over any generalised 'sweeping statements'. A

saxo, your o/p says "80s pre Jack Walker" don't know who you were watching but Wilcox and Atkins didn't play in that era as any Rovers fan worth there salt would know

Atkins joined in 88.. Wilcox debuted in 89.. I never said early 80s did I?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)