+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I hate saying "I told you so"

I hate saying "I told you so"

But I'm bloody well going to do it here.

I said last month when we made an absolute pigs ear of it against a Highland League side, struggled to hold possession and only kept a clean sheet due to them being as weak as they were, that the minute and the second that this side met a competent team in the Cup they would be dispatched and I was - unfortunately - correct.

I was shouted down because 'it's the Cup and all that matters is we progress' but that performance that day rang alarm bells and it is no real surprise that wr have not only come unstuck today against a side who didn't show anything to suggest that they were ant better, but also that we have failed to win a single match since.

We are a poor, poor team and results over the last month do not lie.

re: I hate saying

I try to be optimistic in most things and was really pleased with the results in December, that said the new year has been a real shocker, conceding late goals to Accies, Dundee, Partick and now ICT cannot solely be attributed to bad luck. The fragile confidence we had in December seems to have gone, we now seem to be losing the relegation battle to boot. I realize the squad we currently have is in part due to complacency and euphoria of last years play off win and poor signings following that. However the alarm bells were going off long before the playoffs last year and seemingly nothing of note was done to rectify a poor Motherwell team and based on our recent showings we certainly are not cutting it
    I am puzzled why Moult our top scorer was on the bench (unless not fully fit) granted Hall and Cadden seem to have equipped them selves relatively well since coming into the side perhaps the only positive in all of this.
    I wonder about the morale in the dressing room now and throwing

re: I hate saying "I told you so"

You didnt need to tell us LSM. Any person who is honest and not claret and amber colour blind could see this coming. We are truly dreadful. As i have said a team full of duds. And before we here from the apologists we are not under achieving. THIS IS OUR LEVEL. Relegation and oblivion coming and nobody cares a jot.

re: I hate saying

I u were right Lawman your my hero if we had got a blatant foul not given against us and we blasted ball into top corner u would have come on and said I was wrong just like u done in play off final when u said we were gutless,crap, and would lie down to Rangers if u did and I missed u saying your wrong I apologise but u never admit ur wrong I thought we would win today we never I was wrong see how easy it is to admit it I actually believe u love us losing as only time u come on

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)